What's new

Need extra documents for visa - worried about the date?

KashimaKing

Kouhai
6 Oct 2015
Hi I wondered if anyone can help me with this question I have and can maybe ease my nerves a bit.

Im on working holiday visa here that expires on the 16th of this month. Me and my wife (Japanese) applied for our spouse visa 2 weeks ago and at that time i was given a note thing saying i could stay in Japan for an additional 2 months whilst we go through the process, however, today we got a letter from them saying all is fine but they an extra document from my job, and it needs to be back with them by the 16th, when my visa finishes.

Why did they stamp my passport to say i can stay for 2 months but they need to the document by the visa expiry date?

I appreciate its a bit random, but I'm hoping someone has been through a similar or if not the same experience and can shed some light.

Thank you,

David

I can't imagine what they would want unless it is a 在職証明書, which is essentially just a fill-in-the-blanks letter confirming that you work there. Is that what they asked for? Your employer can bang one out in no time and you should have plenty of time to hand it in. (The document isn't unique to Immigration requirements; it comes up from time to time that Japanese employees will need one for various reasons as well.)

Have you changed employers since you filed for the change of status?

At any rate, if that is what they want, it is nothing to worry over.

Yes that is what they need actually, thank you for the reply.

Do you have any comment on the point that they ask for it before my visa expires despite already issuing a confirmation of an extended stay? (being specifically for the visa process of course)

No idea, but so long as you get it turned in...and you have plenty of time... there's nothing to sweat. It proves you can feed yourself here, which is nothing but a plus no matter how you look at it.

Back
Top Bottom