What's new

Need a dentist

deadhippo

先輩
9 Apr 2005
well, the title says it all
from my experience japanese dentists are either rip-off merchants or butchers

does anybody know a good one in the tokyo yokohama area

well for those interested i have decided upon a dentist and i will be documenting the process in my forum

click here to follow my adventure

Last edited:
LOL... If you have a spot for guests, I'll tell you about my Little Shop of Horrors re-enactment. In involved a wisdom-tooth, very little anaesthetic, and a lot of blood.

please tell us your story 👍
i think we all need a good horror story as the horror movies are getting pretty repetitive

Here it goes. I had a wisdom tooth that tended to hurt every winter (still no idea why). The gum would swell up just enough to annoy the hell out of me. I finally had enough of it, and went to the dentist on the top floor of my building I was working in. I went in there, and they gave me the standard shots to numb the pain, and started drilling. I"m a big boy though, so obviously that didn't work. He said the roots were curled (like hooks) so they had to cut the tooth in half and then pull it out. Every time he tried to saw I would grunt, and almost rip out his assistants arm. This went on for 3-4 tries. Each time he gave me a little more anasethetic. He said b/c the gum was swolen, the medicine wouldn't be as effective. He finally, in one swift motion, jammed the saw far enough to cut the tooth in half, and pulled it out. When he did, he said in English, "Game Over". The only eigo words to leave his mouth.

It bled for days, and was defintiely the longest pain I had ever felt in my life. It might've been the most intense since it lasted so long. Mind you, I've had a tooth come through a lip, been bitten by an iguana, broken a colarbone, and had my head split open.

I would definitely get a nice word of mouth (no pun intended) before going to a dentist.

thats definitely a dentist to avoid
lol, well this time was no trouble apart from the cost

Back
Top Bottom