What's new

Motor Bike in Japan

airurandojin

後輩
24 May 2009
How practical is it to use a bike for transportation in Japan and how difficult is it for a gaijin to get a license?

Hello...
How long it takes time to transport the sports bike from Japan to USA? & how many charges for it?
Plz tell me in brief.

How practical is it to use a bike for transportation in Japan and how difficult is it for a gaijin to get a license?

Quite practical, just remember that the roads are narrow here. As for getting your licence here, you will need a little understanding of Japanese to pass the written exam and it will cost a few thousand dollars to obtain. I got my bike licence here and it took me about 6 weeks to get if I recall correctly.
Hello...
How long it takes time to transport the sports bike from Japan to USA? & how many charges for it?
Plz tell me in brief.
About 2 weeks and will cost about $1,000-$1,500 US dollars depending on who you use for shipping.

Do you already have a license? You may be able to ツ鞘?倪?堋ォナ?ツキ窶堋ヲ (transfer) it, which is a hell of a lot easier (and cheaper) than going through the process from scratch.

If you want more info join the yahoo group "Tokyo Riders" or "Gaijin Riders" who know all about this stuff, especially if you're new here and don't speak Japanese (yet).

mail : Tokyo_Riders(at)yahoogroups.com
website : (I'm not allowed to post URLs yet so you'll have to add the first bit yourself) groups.yahoo.com/group/Tokyo_Riders/

Hope to see you on the road some day if you're down Mt Fuji way.

Simon V

Back
Top Bottom