What's new

moshkashty

The word is "moshikashite".

What are you doing to learn Japanese besides watching anime?

as you know that im learn japanese that's why i watch animes and listen japanese songs next year i will visit japan with my brother that's why i want to improve my japanese ( its my helpness not my hobby bro )
and if you dont mind will you please tell the meaning

You will learn nothing of Japanese by watching anime, sorry. You may pick up a word here and there, but mostly your brain will ignore what's being said and just read the subtitles. And in fact that may be a good thing, since the language used there is often coarse and therefore inappropriate for talking to strangers in real life. You really, really don't want to go around addressing random people as "omae" or "Tanaka-tan".

If you just want to know enough to ask directions or order things at a restaurant during your vacation, you can get a tourist phrase book. Or if you really want to learn and understand the language, get a proper textbook like Genki (to start with). Once you have a solid basis, you can then start reading anime transcripts (in Japanese) before watching an actual episode (without subtitles) as practice. It takes years to reach this point though.

As for looking up words, you can use an online dictionary such as www.jisho.org. You can simply search for the "moshikashite" spelling that Mike gave you. In fact, look up "jisho" while you're at it :)

Last edited:
If you're watching anime because you enjoy anime, that's fine. If you're watching anime thinking you'll learn useful Japanese from them by next year, you're wasting your time.

Is watching anime and listening to songs the only thing you are doing to learn Japanese? Are you also using some textbook?

Simply watching cartoons and asking us what hotekso and moshkasty mean is a pointless waste of time.

Thanks for your advice specially you Lantas im not improving my language by watching animes Its just a time pass i download the course from torrnet (*)
watching animes is just a little test i tested my self that how improve i am
and i also take a classes
well about textbook if i like any line or word i write it on my japanese textbook

Last edited by a moderator:
what does "moshkasty" mean ?
The word is "moshikashite".
Oh my god, I thought he stumbled upon the wrong forum or something...I immediately thought that was some kind of Southwest Asian word..xD

well about textbook if i like any line or word i write it on my japanese textbook
Is that a notebook with Japanese words, or is that an actual textbook that you can actually read and learn from?

Back
Top Bottom