What's new

May I please have a translation?

Anousenka

Silly Girl
1 Aug 2006
Well, I've finally found where this goes, Yay! :) :) :)

I was just wondering if someone fluent in both Japanese and English could please translate something for me? Whenever I try an automatic translator (i.e. babelfish and the like)...it comes up with an all - too literal translation that I don't understand, lol!

It's something from Midi-nette.com

情報

募集内容
(1)バンド/ユニット
(2)ヴォーカル (男性・女性)
(3)ギター/ベース/ヴァイオリン等の楽器プレイヤー
(楽器の種類は問いません)
(4)パフォーマー/ダンサー等

応募要項
特定のレコード会社、音楽出版社、プロダクション等に
所属していない方に限ります
未成年者は親権者の承諾が必要です
日本国内に在住の方

応募方法
デモテープ(MDまたはCD) ※(4)希望の場合は不要
歌詞 ※(3)(4)希望の場合は不要
ビデオテープ(ある方は同封して下さい)
プロフィール
写真(顔の分かるヨリのものと、全身が写っているの2種類)
自己PRを同封の上、下記の宛先まで郵便にて送付して下さい。

応募上の注意
審査結果は、通過された方のみ電話等で御連絡いたします。
応募資料は返却いたしませんのであらかじめご了承下さい。
応募後の審査状況に関するお問合せには応じかねます。
ご遠慮ください。

宛先
〒106-8691 麻布郵便局留 ミディネット オーディション係まで

I would appreciate it so much!

<3, Anousenka

I can have a go for you when I get a little time (maybe not for a while), but I think someone who is very fluent in Japanese will make a much better job!

But don't you understand? Unless you're a resident of Japan, the information contained therein doesn't do you a lick of good...

Yes I know, but I plan on getting a residence visa...or something like that, heehee :) And thank you, Kinsao :) I would really appreciate that :)

Hey there! :hey:
I can't believe how long I just spent trying to figure that out :mad: -- but it was kinda fun, too! 😅
anyway, I haven't had time yet to have a go at the last paragraph and last 2 lines. ><
BIG DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT JAPANESE AND THIS IS JUST MY FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO MAKE SENSE OF THE ABOVE TEXT!!!! 😊 🙇‍♂️
Okay, here goes...
情報 -- I don't have a clue about those! (Nice start, huh? =/)
boshuunaiyou -- boshu is 'recruitment' or 'enlistment', so boshuunaiyou means something like 'recruitment' (or joining) inside contents (presumably a sort of 'what you get when you join' info thing).
(1) Band/unit.
(2) Vocals (then in the brackets something like 'male[something]'/'female' [something], but I don't know what means).
(3) Guitar/bass/violin. Tou no gakki pureiya gakki no shu [類] wa toimasen.
(I can't make much sense of this because I'm not sure of the missing kanji, nor of the sense in which the word 'tou' should be used - it could mean 'equal', or 'class/rank'. 'Gakki pureiya' is a musician/instrument player, and I think 'gakki no shu' is type of instrument but the 'unknown' kanji makes it hard for me to decipher. The 'to' in 'toimasen' means 'question/ask/inquire'.)
(4) Pafuoma/dansa. (Is this something about perfume? I hate katakana! ><)
Oubo youkou
Application - important points
Tei no rekodo kaisha, ongaku shuppansha purodakushon tou ni shouzokushiteinai.
I think this means something like 'The record company, and music publishing/production company are not associated/affiliated' (with what?)
Houni kagirimasu
About restrictions
Miseinensha wa shinkensha no shoudaku ga hitsuyou desu
Yay, I'm confident on this one! XD... It means 'Minors need to have parental consent'
Residents of Japan only.
Oubo houhou
Application process
Demotape (MD or CD)
※(4) 希望 [I don't know these kanji ><) no baai wa fuyou
Basically means 'the occasion/circumstances of [missing kanji] is not important (damn those kanji I don't know! >_<)
kashi
song lyrics
※(3) (4) 希望 -- (repeats the bit about whatever-it-is that's not important)
videotape (aru hou wa doufushite kudasai -- should be enclosed in a letter please)
purofuiru (it's in katakana and I have no idea what this means! ><)
写真 -- (more unknown kanji)
gen/kao [not sure which reading is used here] no wakaru
literally 'understanding of face' but I think it's telling you something about how to make the addressing clear... @_@
yori no mono to zenshin ga 写tteiru no 2 shugan
no idea, except for 'zenshin' meaning 'the whole body'... or something (like that makes sense... ><).
Jiko wo doufu no ue kaki atesaki made yuubin ni te soufu shite kudasai
You should write on the enclosure the destination address and send by remittance please.
WOW! I BADLY NEED A CUP OF GREEN TEA NOW! 😊 PLEASE CAN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE THAN ME STEP IN AND SAVE ME FROM MY MORTIFICATION!!! :sorry:

Last edited:
Well, it was really sweet of you to spend so much time on this! :) It's okay that it's not 100% perfect, I definitely get a more human translation than from an automatic translator, heehee :) Now I understand some of the things alot more! Thank you againsies :)

Kinsao did a bang up job for a novice...and at least got through the thing hehe. This is about half, I've run short on time but will be back....if you think you're still interested...😅
情報
募集内容
(1)バンド/ユニット
(2)ヴォーカル (男性・女性)
(3)ギター/ベース/ヴァイオリン等の楽器プレイヤー
(楽器の種類は問いません)
(4)パフォーマー/ダンサー等

Information
Applications being accepted
1. Band/Unit
2. Vocalists (a male and woman)
(3)Guitar / bass / violin etc players
(They don't ask the type of instrument)
(4) Performers / Dancer

応募要項
特定のレコード会社、音楽出版社、プロダクション等に
所属していない方に限ります
未成年者は親権者の承諾が必要です
日本国内に在住の方

Important points
Limited to applicants not affiliated with a particular record company,
music publisher, producer, etc
Minors need parental consent
Need to have an Japanese address

応募方法
デモテープ(MDまたはCD) ※(4)希望の場合は不要
歌詞 ※(3)(4)希望の場合は不要
ビデオテープ(ある方は同封して下さい)

Method of applying
Demo tape (either CD or MD) Except for performers/dancers
Lyrics except for instrumentalist or performer/dancer

Thank goodness for Elizabeth! :p :D 😌
Haha, at least I was thinking along the right lines - I thought it was something about how to send in a demotape/CD/video, so I wasn't so far off the mark inside my head...!!!! 😆
Anyway I enjoy doing this kind of thing because it's good practice. Although some kanji are really hard to decipher on screen, they don't look at all how they look when printed on a page! ☝

OK, where were we now ? 😅

ビデオテープ(ある方は同封して下さい)
プロフィール
写真(顔の分かるヨリのものと、全身が写っているの2種類)
自己PRを同封の上、下記の宛先まで郵便にて送付して下さい。
Applicants that have (need ;)) a videotape, please put it in the envelope.

The next part contains a mistake so I don't know if this is everything they intended but the important information is that you will need two self photos (a facial profile and full body shot).

After this, insert your "PR" which is sort of like a resume or essay selling your credentials and particular talents (relevant schooling, past band experience, work history, length of study etc) and mail it to the below address :

応募上の注意
審査結果は、通過された方のみ電話等で御連絡いたしま す。
応募資料は返却いたしませんのであらかじめご了承下さ い。
応募後の審査状況に関するお問合せには応じかねます。
ご遠慮ください。

We will let you know the result of our judging only by phone.
Please understand in advance we cannot return application materials.
We also cannot reply to inquiries regarding the status of your application.

〒106-8691 麻布郵便局留 ミディネット オーディション係まで (Address it to the person in charge of the Midi Auditions at this Azabu postal code). I'm not quite sure of the precise structure of the address -- you may want to get back to us once everything else is wrapped up :) Ganbatte ne !

ところで、ヘビーメタルのボーカルに募集していますか?😁 (Are you applying for a heavy metal vocalist, by the way?)

I would appreciate it so much! どういたしまして。
<3, Anousenka

What does sugoi mean? Also...what does it mean when people say fufufu? Heehe, it's so cute :)

Sugoi! means Great!, it is used to praise someone.
I also think Elizabeth san is sugoi! 👍

写真(顔の分かるヨリのものと、全身が写っているの2 種類)
I guess that ヨリ here means close-up, they are asking two different photos, one closed up which is good enough to identify the applicant's face, and another photo showing the whole body.

The result will be informed by phone only to those who passed it.

Thanks, undrentide. I was tooo tired last night but somehow also realized later "only by phone etc" may not have been what was intended. 😅:p

Thank you guys :) What does it mean when people say fufufu? I've seen lots of people saying that on jrock websites and...miscellaneous thingies...lol...but what does it mean?! Lol :)

We will let you know the result of our judging only by phone.
for someone who doesn't seem to have learned the language at all, this line is a bit concerning; how do you expect to handle a phone call in Japanese? How do you expect to get residence status, for that matter?

for someone who doesn't seem to have learned the language at all, this line is a bit concerning; how do you expect to handle a phone call in Japanese? How do you expect to get residence status, for that matter?
She'll also have to learn to write a 宣伝 and 売り込み in Japanese, never mind perform in the language. Far from me to discourage anyone, though, however this is eventually going to be used, I'm assuming the challenges to an American are pretty self-evident. 😅

Well, all in good time...I'm doing my research and studying Japanese every day...not to mention, I'm also researching Japanese culture...I want to be as prepared as I can.

Back
Top Bottom