6 Apr 2003
hi, does anyone have recipe for manju?
the sweet with the anko in it?

arigatou gozaimasu.

Sakura.

Domo arigatou gozaimasu! 👏
Yummy yummy!
Oishii desu!🍜

I made manju in Koriyama, but I didn't know how to make the dough. But now I can make - thankyou. Shiawase ne!
Kampai!

This is a picture I have handy. You can search "manjyu" and come up with lots of sites about it. There are many varieties.

This is making me hungry...

manjyu.jpg

i tried to make last weekend, they were just right, until i tried to steam them in the special pot my mother told me to use, but they kind of melted and fell apart. i don't know why?
:confused:
i wanted to make because oishi, and i like anko, amai ga suki desu! and also i was practising to make for my friend who i want to impress.:(

aww, that's a shame... I wonder what they use in Japan to steam them?
I had anpan yesterday, but I still prefer Manju. (Kajiki Manju is also called Sake (alcohol) Manju...yum!)

This is anpan: (although the one I ate from Aoimugi looked better than this one)

anpan.jpg

mmmm........ oishii!
anko wa tabete mainichi! everyday i was eating anpan, and often manjyu, dorayaki, and azuki ice-cream, hounto oishii!
I can make dorayaki, is easy, and i thought the manjyu was, but harder to cook afterwards.
but now i can't buy anko here, so i have been trying to make my own from the azuki beans.but it's not the same consistancy, it's still tatse nice though. but i've been naughty and eating chocolate everyday, but not as healthy as anko.I never ate chocolate in Japan! just everyday anko. ha ha !
I like sweet things too much!
alot of my male friends don't like anko, i don't know why, but i suppose it's the same as i am not very keen on nato. (maybe because it not sweet! ha ha!!:p

i would always watch my mom make it. she showed me how but i kept forgetting how much of each ingredient i needed. however, i believe she used self-rising flour so she didn't have to deal with the baking soda. i'm not for sure though.

as far as steaming them, my mom just had this metal pot. she'd put water in it and it came with a type of cover to place in the pot over the water. this cover had a little flap with holes in it so you could lift up the flap and add water as needed. she'd put each manjyu on a piece of wax paper so it wouldn't stick to the pot. she'd steam them for about 10 mins and they were done.

since i don't like the beans, my mom would stuff the dough with some hamburger meat that had diced onions in it. they are GOOD!

Originally posted by Sakura
i tried to make last weekend, they were just right, until i tried to steam them in the special pot my mother told me to use, but they kind of melted and fell apart. i don't know why?
:confused:
i wanted to make because oishi, and i like anko, amai ga suki desu! and also i was practising to make for my friend who i want to impress.:(

"since i don't like the beans, my mom would stuff the dough with some hamburger meat that had diced onions in it. they are GOOD!"

That's more my speed too. My mother used to make something similar as well.

Natsukashii na...
:)

Back
Top Bottom