What's new

Launching new site about Japan!

TwistedMac

後輩
4 Mar 2004
Well I guess I had to do it sooner or later.

banner-1.jpg.gif

yeahjapan.com

It's supposed to be a sort of blog space for people in Japan wanting to rant a bit and for us Japanophiles to read.

Not much to say really. There's not really any content at the moment, since it's all brand spanking new, but we're hoping to get a few bloggers in soon.

Concept was born when Toad (co-founder) was in Japan, came back to Sweden and asked me if I could make a site for him to write about his time there.

If anyone in Japan would like to get an account there, that'd be great ^^

site still needs a few minor adjustments, if you see any bugs, please let me know.

Cool page. One thing, though, I think "search" should probably be 検索 (kensaku)instead of 調査. It seems to be the most commonly used term to refer to internet searches.

our providers seem to have some problems with the server for like a few minutes now and then.. I'm not very happy about it, but they claim to be in the middle of a server change =/ if it keeps up I'll have to do something about...

I signed up. Any size restrictions on photos for the gallery?

edit: misread question.

not width/height-wise, but there is a restriction on how much a user can upload and i think there might be a built in kb restriction for each file, i'm not sure.. i'll have to look in to that...

Wow, Mac, I love them circles... :p ;-)

Yes, you all support Mac. He's been working his arse off on this thing.

If you don't, well...there will be something involving a *whip* going on... :devilish:

TwistedMac said:
our providers seem to have some problems with the server for like a few minutes now and then.. I'm not very happy about it, but they claim to be in the middle of a server change =/ if it keeps up I'll have to do something about...
I still can't access the page (yeahjapan.com). I'ved tried to access both in the mornings and nights in Japan, but always with the negative result. I wonder why other members have no problem accessing the site.

:?

actually, another person in japan at the moment from these forums is having problems logging in... maybe some japanese ISP has already seen us and decided to stop our spies from reporting in by blocking our site :p "SAVE THE EMPEROR FROM THESE FILTHY BARBARIAN WEBSITES AND THEIR SPIES!"

(it's duff_o_josh.. you should hear him.. he just got there and he's like a kid in a candy store that has just been told he can eat all he wants...)

oh yeah.. the commenting system is also broken atm.. it's because of the **** **** ****** ******** *** ****** PHP5!!

I'm trying to work it out right now.. i already had to fix a handfull of things because of that.

oh how i miss php4

I imagine Josh will be thrilled at blogging with your's truly.

The site looks great!!*THUMBS UP*

I'll join your site and support you guys. If you want me to, I might contribute with feedback/articles, as I love writing them!!! :) :)

Back
Top Bottom