What's new

Kyoto - Golden Pavilion article

Lets not beat around the bush!

'Expolando' is much better! its got 'JetoCosuta' or Eiga Mura, that rocks!

The real irony is that the Golden Temple was rebuilt in the 50s, and 'Expolando' themepark was built in the 70s, so like they both have loads in common!

make that three?

i like architecture. i think it's beautiful.
and those are two of four? bleh
edit: and there is an edit button... :)

It was a nice little article about the golden pavillion, but you left out one of the most interesting aspects of its history; that it was burned to the ground by an insane monk in 1950.

I suppose as a tourist attraction, its not one of the ones I'd reccomend seeing in Kyoto. It is small, basically you just enter the garden, walk around the little pond and take pictures of the temple on the other side. You can't enter the building or anything and the place is usually packed with tourists.

In terms of landscape architecture though, it offers probably one of the best garden views in all of Japan.

In Kyoto my two favourite things are Kiyomizo temple and the temple with a thousand buddhist statues in! they are amazing!

Yo Gaijinology and Senseiman, you guys understand!

The Golden Temple is rubbish, Mishima was right, we should trash the place, build Mc Donalds there.

The Silver one was much better!

although inexpensive! and a good quality, it if was 2000 en just to get in I think I would burn it down too!

meow!

ganbarimashou ne!

I didnt have time to go to the temple with the 1000s of Buddas in.

Hey, I don't think the golden temple is rubbish, its really beautiful. I just don' t think its worth going out of your way to see because there are a lot of less crowded, more beautiful temples around. The silver temple is better, but I agree with gaijinology about Kiyomizu dera, its much nicer and you can enjoy a walk around the historical neighborhood nearby.

I wonder how traditional the Sake Cocktail recipes are on his page! LOL I think most Japanese would be horrified?
Fine sake is to be enjoyed by itself I believe.

is fine with me either way as long as i ain't paying!
i have low tolerance though, i drank four and passed out :eek:
because i only do it if i have to

Back
Top Bottom