What's new

Jikou Shoukai / Self Introduction (long....)

drj0402

先輩
31 Aug 2007
Hajimemashite!

You can call my drj0402 or David. I am 40 years old. I live in San Francisco.
Japanese Language and Literature was my major in university, and I have been to Japan a few times.

I was an exchange student at Kansai Gaidai in 1987-88; ALT on JET Program(me) from 91-93; attended Kyoto Nihongo Gakko for 6 months from 93-94.

Most recently, I went back as a tourist with my parents and my partner Chuk about 5 years ago to visit the friends I made while I was on JET. We went to Tokyo, Kyoto and Northern Hyogo prefecture, near the sea of Japan.

I still maintain friendships with several people in knew in Japan while I lived there (both Nihonjin and Gaijin), and have been able to play host when they have come to visit us here.

I can't say I use my Japanese much in my line of work, but I try to keep it sharp by watching the news in Japanese and conversing with friends.

Also, I am a great fan of origami, ever since grade school, and some of my models decorate the apartment. However, recently, I am really into crochet, and honing my skills so I can attempt one of those kawaiii nuigurmi.

I look forward to meeting both Japanese and English speakers here, creating opportunities to learn more about our respective cultures and contributing, learning more about what Japan Forum has to offer me and the world and to contribute what I can to make it a better place for everyone.

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu. 🙂

David "drj0402" in San Francisco

p.s. drj are my initials. I am not a doctor. 😌

Hello David-san,

Welcome to Jref. I'm new to this site. I'd like to know more about you and your culuture. I'm also currently learning Japanese, and I hope you can help me. T-T

Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward in hearing from you.

Back
Top Bottom