What's new

Scam Jasmijn Energy Group genuine?

GodBoy

後輩
10 Dec 2020
If anyone could possibly help me out..?
I was contacted by the company named: Jasmijn Energy Group Co., Ltd.
I have tried to do the search on various sources, but none would return any results that would show this company even exist.
Ant thoughts ?

Thank you in Advance!

They have certainly done their homework. If this is indeed a phoney operation they have spent more time and effort on their website than other scammers. Their domain was registered in September 2020, strange for a company that claims to be in operation since 1968. Their offices are located in a rental office space in Kachidoki, Tokyo. In their media folder they call it "Kachidoki Jasmijn Building", but it is just "Kachidoki Tower".

Neither their website nor the media folder lists a telephone number or an email address:

http://jasmijnenergy.com/en/pdf/com_en.pdf

Why and how did they contact you? Let me guess: they expressed their interest in acquiring some energy-related shares from you.

Upon further investigation, it's become evident that the entire website has been copied. Here's the original, the page of the Japan Oil Engineering Company (JOE):

Oh WOW!

Thank You Very Much, Thomas!

I've noticed some red flags during the process of communication. One of them, that I've never could figure out is How they found me to begin with.

They're basically offered me to be their "Business Partner Representative" in the US with specific salary plus 5% as a bonus for my performance. Their website looked legit from the first glance, and they're said they've got 2 projects starting in the JFK and Pearson airports for the aviation-grade kerosene storage facilities.

My role would be to collect funds from the investment firm (capital ventures company) Bluecoop Investment Management - "Bluecoop Company" with specific person's name and email address to get in touch with and request the release of funds ....

Now that I've checked that domain, it's been registered in Aug. 2020.

Sure is a clever looking operation ...

It's funny, that after I did send an email to the specified person at "Bluecoop Company", the original sender has deleted or deactivated his email account: Jasmijn Energy Groups <[email protected]> and I'm getting a bounced back auto replies:

======================
Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email protected]>:
No mx record found for domain=jasmijngroup.com
======================

Lesson learned from these financial scammers and criminals for sure ...

By the way, the very first email came from the same person "Justin", but a different email address: [email protected]

Be very careful out there everyone!

Thank You Very Much again for your HELP!!!

Very glad we could help! And thank you for providing so much additional information. I am not sure whether this is the same person, but I remember a "Justin" in connection with another fraudulent company we "investigated" this year. UWO is the Western University in Canada, very interesting.

:)

By the way, after I've contacted the person from a Bluecoop Company, this is the response I've got:

============================================
JasmijnEnergy has briefed of your role as Business Subsidiary Manager. BluecoopCompany, a group of investment professionals. We have been advised to releaseof construction funds directly to you. The Jasmijn Energy North AmericanExpansion Project and investment opportunities have generated more attentionthan I ever anticipated in our organization.

I reached anagreement Today, this afternoon, about working with you and the release ofconstruction funds to you. My partners have agreed to an initial funding of$650,000 paid out in small volume in November 2020.​

The Bluecoop Company, 'PAY-PROTECT'policy enables us to monitor payments for impeccable records. Kindly provideand confirm the details below as it will enable Bluecoop Company to scheduleand coordinate the release of payment to you.

Business name of the company yourepresent: Riko EMi Group Inc.

Civic or cooperate Address tomail-out Payment (Not PO Box): . .

Personal or Business name to writeon Payment Check: . .

Name of financial institution Checkwill be deposited: . .

Personalnames: . .

Direct mobile line: . .

Email address to receive Paymentnotice: . .

I will sendyou a copy of the payment schedule and tracking details as soon as they becomeavailable, hopefully before the end of business Tuesday or a maximum of 72hours from your response time.

I willcontact you shortly about your availability to schedule a meeting or a call. Inthe meantime, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

I willnotify you once a part payment is mailed.​
============================================

If the spelling and grammar mistakes are not razing any red flags, then the fact (rather assumption at this point) that they want me to get the check from them (probably fake one as well), then deposit it to my account, then send my personal checks to their "projects" at different locations. That's called money laundering ....

These scammers are getting more and more sophisticated nowadays.

Stay Safe and Smart Everyone!

Oh WOW!

I've noticed some red flags during the process of communication. One of them, that I've never could figure out is How they found me to begin with.

They're basically offered me to be their "Business Partner Representative" in the US with specific salary plus 5% as a bonus for my performance. Their website looked legit from the first glance, and they're said they've got 2 projects starting in the JFK and Pearson airports for the aviation-grade kerosene storage facilities.

My role would be to collect funds from the investment firm (capital ventures company) Bluecoop Investment Management - "Bluecoop Company" with specific person's name and email address to get in touch with and request the release of funds ....

It's funny, that after I did send an email to the specified person at "Bluecoop Company", the original sender has deleted or deactivated his email account: Jasmijn Energy Groups <[email protected]> and I'm getting a bounced back auto replies:

======================

<[email protected]>:
======================

By the way, the very first email came from the same person "Justin", but a different email address: [email protected]

Anytime!

Same exact amount was offered to me with $66,000/year ... plus 5% of bonus for each "transaction" ...

sure. this was a sophisticated and more elegant scam. first, I received a short, cryptic and generic email from a Pat Boyle which anyone could know and forgotten how but embarrassed to ask, Who Are You?? If you responded with a Yeah, sure. This is still my email and sure, I would be interested in a part time gig that pays $5500, then you get an official looking email from Justin and when you check out the website, as mentioned here, it looks legit. They ask for your home address and DOB to slowly build up your trust. Today, I received another official looking offer letter asking for my signature or just looking to copy my signature. I asked for a Zoom call which will surely go unanswered. Live and learn.

Yup, same request of the personal info was with me as well. Except I've managed to give them all fake details, except for the phone number (in case they'd call) and my real address...

Oh WOW!

======================

<[email protected]>:
======================

Thanks so much Tom and God Boy. I just got an offer too.

thomas is the real hero! Saved me from a big headache. I'm sure many more will benefit from this info as well.

This is basically a money laundering scheme, maybe one of many.

Be careful out there, be safe and Happy Holidays!

I'm getting one from the same company: Jasmijn Energy group, however they're saying they are a subsidiary of arcor.de, q Vodafone owned energy company.

Probably shifting around their spoof sites to stay on top of scam reports.

This is sophisticated for sure. Thanks for the insights.

I had the exact same experience and received a check from from FEIN power Tools Inc which I deposited into my business checking account. They will be sending the details of which supplier to send the payment to for a project which has not started.

There are so many things wrong with this picture, it seems apparent that there laundering money, and the individuals who are drawn into this scheme will have several tax related problems as they file their federal income tax returns. In the first part its reportable foreign income in the second part the payments to suppliers are only deductible as expenses if they are actual payments for actual project(s). If the return is subject to audit the taxpayer is responsible for verifying and substantiating the deduction, the income received is taxable as is the 5% override. However, the deductions no matter how legitimate they appear are very very sketchy at best completely disallowed at worst.

Back
Top Bottom