What's new

Japan Rail Pass

Ingrid

後輩
29 Apr 2006
For the Belgian Japan lovers who have difficulty finding where to order the Japan Rail pass : you can order it through a Dutch travel agency : Japan Tours (japantours.nl).

There you have it, the Dutch are once again superior to their neighbours in the south.. 😊

Kidding! Anyways, I think the JR pass is the best thing since bread came sliced! I spent two weeks traveling by train last year and I loved it.

Are they all Dutch agencies?

BELGIUM Ictam (Brussels) Rue De La Montagne 62-64, 1000 Brussels BELGIUM TEL 322-512-3813
FAX 322-511-1298
BELGIUM Japan P.I. Travel (Brussels) Rue De Stassart, 100 1050 Brussels BELGIUM TEL 322-512-0107
FAX 322-512-8296
BELGIUM S.A. EURO EXPRESS TRAVEL SERVICE N.V.(Brussels) Avenue Louise 311, 1050 Brussels BELGIUM TEL 322-627-1818
FAX 322-644-9838

And more.
JAPAN RAIL PASS | ジャパン・レール・パス

I used the JR East Rail Pass last month and saved. I used it for the round-trip to Sendai from Tokyo and points in between.

I came across a website not too long ago selling JR rail passes, and they were around $300 per person! Just buying a ticket to go to different districts in Tokyo for about 200en seems much more reasonable to me... unless there's some great place to buy a JR pass for a lot less?

512kb said:
I came across a website not too long ago selling JR rail passes, and they were around $300 per person! Just buying a ticket to go to different districts in Tokyo for about 200en seems much more reasonable to me... unless there's some great place to buy a JR pass for a lot less?

The JR Railpass is generally around $280 US. But you can also get regional ones for a lot less (they are generally good for 5 days whereas the JR Rail Pass is good for 7 days). I went the regional route this last time.

the JR pass is a good deal if you'll be doing a lot of travel, and a few hundred yen here and there add up faster than one would expect...

For a three-week trip or less, it would probably be a good idea, especially if you plan to cover a lot of ground.

pipokun said:
Are they all Dutch agencies?
BELGIUM Ictam (Brussels) Rue De La Montagne 62-64, 1000 Brussels BELGIUM TEL 322-512-3813
FAX 322-511-1298
BELGIUM Japan P.I. Travel (Brussels) Rue De Stassart, 100 1050 Brussels BELGIUM TEL 322-512-0107
FAX 322-512-8296
BELGIUM S.A. EURO EXPRESS TRAVEL SERVICE N.V.(Brussels) Avenue Louise 311, 1050 Brussels BELGIUM TEL 322-627-1818
FAX 322-644-9838
And more.
JAPAN RAIL PASS | ジャパン・レール・パス

They are indeed Belgian agencies, and believe me I tried last year to get some information from them about the JR Rail Pass, none of them even replied. Believe it or not, with Japan Tours.nl, all is done in a week's time.

Yes, leonmarino, knowing you were kidding it is a fact : concerning travelagencies and organisations, you neighbours from the north are far more efficient, and superior. That's why we choose to travel with Dutch agencies in case we make a group travel.

You should look at hyperdia to see if it is worthwhile getting one, but if you plan on doing a lot of travelling it really is worth it I think, I always get one and recently this place is really good price

www jrpass.com

They have a video too to show you how to use it 👍

Back
Top Bottom