What's new

Japan Is Setting $12 Billion Aside To Pay For Half Your Next Trip

I have a lot more question after reading this article.

I would not be return to Japan this early or this year. Japan want people to start traveling by July, that is to soon and Japan is still slowly reopening.

"Japan is and will always be one of the world's most sought after destinations, but as one of the more expensive trips on any travelers horizon, any kind of trip support will go a long way."

That good Japan is going to set aside $12 Billion for travelers, but they don't even know how they are going to spend it. lol. I have a few ideas

As someone pointed out in the comment section of the relevant JapanTimes article the original source was misquoted by Kyodo News. They later updated the article which now says: "The government is seeking to boost domestic tourism by subsidizing a portion of travel expenses once the coronavirus outbreak is brought under control. The 1.35 trillion yen ($12.5 billion) program could start in July (...)" (Japan receives mere 2,900 foreign travelers in April).

As someone pointed out in the comment section of the relevant JapanTimes article the original source was misquoted by Kyodo News. They later updated the article which now says: "The government is seeking to boost domestic tourism by subsidizing a portion of travel expenses once the coronavirus outbreak is brought under control. The 1.35 trillion yen ($12.5 billion) program could start in July (...)" (Japan receives mere 2,900 foreign travelers in April).

Thanks for clarifying it.

Back
Top Bottom