What's new

Japan-A-Radio - shoutcast

TwistedMac

後輩
4 Mar 2004
it's just j-pop and a bunch of anime music, but japan-a-radio is actually pretty good... anyways, i've been listening to it a bit lately ^^

it's a 24hour/day feed with the occasional hosted programs..

click here for the stream.. this is only one of their many servers for it though (but there's always been a spot on this one for me atleast..) so you could go to their site for more info and more servers...

happy listening 🎈

now if i could just find one that was as good except with rock/metal instead...

edit: hm.. this probably should have been in the j-pop forum, huh?.. any mod mind placing it there?

TwistedMac said:
it's just j-pop and a bunch of anime music, but japan-a-radio is actually pretty good... anyways, i've been listening to it a bit lately ^^

it's a 24hour/day feed with the occasional hosted programs..
What's the loop period on that though? e.g. In that 24 hours how much (if any) is direct repeat of what's been on earlier in the day.

well.. i listened to it for 12 hours straight once.. I think i heard one song twice.. i'm not sure it was the same though...

TwistedMac said:
well.. i listened to it for 12 hours straight once.. I think i heard one song twice.. i'm not sure it was the same though...
Impressive. I usually listen to www.fnn-news.com in the morning and to various Japanese stations from Live365.com (details on request ;-) in the afternoon. The live365 stations usually loop in as little as an hour or two.

TwistedMac said:
*makes a request* tell us, uncle paul!
Live365 - Broadcast and Listen to Internet Radio

The stations I listen to are

[Just Push Play]
AniHina.com Radio
ANIME HARDCORE RADIO 1
AnimeLemming Radio
Audguy's Jpop Station
CHALLENGING SUSHI
chickpop !
Hardcore J JPOP mp3pro
itoTunes_japan anime
MetalGeisha Radio
Paradigm City Anime
Radio Nonbiri
Rhythms of Japan
SoundStation785
Woot Anime Radio

Of which SoundStation785 is probably the best for listening practise.

I listen to Japanaradio pretty often. It's listed on Winamp's media list, so you can access it from there easily if you use Winamp 5. They have a really large inventory of Jpop and anime music, so I rarely hear repeats (on the same day, at least), and even the next few.

I've always been able to get a spot on any of their servers. They have all kinds of music that plays. I don't see repeats of songs usually, I do hear the same artist (ex. Ayumi Hamasaki) in the same hour or so, but never the same song. I bumped across that site a while back and I haven't played it in awhile, but I like how I can listen to it on Winamp. *drools over her pretty winamp skins* 😍

I love Jpop, hence, I love Japan-a-radio. I listen to it weekly along with some other Japanese radio stations. I also listen to alternative/underground/techno music from Japan. 👍

OMG! you filthy monkey!

i LOVE J-Metal.. MONO!!!

they're having a concert in my town this sunday 😍 😄

Thanks Twisted Mac.

That's the first time I've been called a "Filthy Monkey" ... But I used to have a nickname "Dirty Scoot" Kinda similar in an 'bachi' kinda way.

Is the name of that band really J-Metal? (nothing Japanese surprises me anymore) or is it Mono? Like Monophonic (Monotonic?) blend of health impeding cloned imported J-noise.

Hey, I honestly hope that if there's a band called J-noise they are not offended.

I listened to Japan-A-Radio too, but the annoying commercials piss me off. So now I listen to kawaii-radio streaming. It's in the winamp 5 list as well....

Mike in Japan said:
Thanks Twisted Mac.

That's the first time I've been called a "Filthy Monkey" ... But I used to have a nickname "Dirty Scoot" Kinda similar in an 'bachi' kinda way.

Is the name of that band really J-Metal? (nothing Japanese surprises me anymore) or is it Mono? Like Monophonic (Monotonic?) blend of health impeding cloned imported J-noise.

Hey, I honestly hope that if there's a band called J-noise they are not offended.

name is Mono, they play J-Metal.. sort of ^^

they're fantastic.

although i didn't think about it before, i think "filthy monkey" suits your avatar :LOL:

:sorry:

Yo,
That it does!

I have no idea what the avatar is, but it looks kinda "dirty Scootiish" or even (as you say) "Filthy Monkeyish"

Actually it looks kinda like a turd with eyes!

Struth - what would Freud make of that? :sorry: :p

Mike in Japan said:
I have no idea what the avatar is, but it looks kinda "dirty Scootiish" or even (as you say) "Filthy Monkeyish"
Actually it looks kinda like a turd with eyes!
HAHAHA...it took me awhile to figure out what the avatar was...and found out that yours was a monkey.
When you mention turd with eyes....yes, I can see it!! :LOL: It's the shape of the monkey's face which does the trick and transforms itself into a nicely-shaped turd!! :LOL:

Anyway, I think I am going very off-topic with this post, so to add something relevant I'd say:
JAPAN-A-RADIO is a great internet-radio station!!! :hanabi:

Miss_apollo7 said:
HAHAHA...it took me awhile to figure out what the avatar was...and found out that yours was a monkey.
When you mention turd with eyes....yes, I can see it!! :LOL: It's the shape of the monkey's face which does the trick and transforms itself into a nicely-shaped turd!! :LOL:
:hanabi:
Hey thanks Miss_apollo7
Finally I know what I am!
Now I can hold my .... banana up with pride :) while I dance around to Japan-a-Radio

PaulTB said:
Live365 - Broadcast and Listen to Internet Radio

The stations I listen to are

[Just Push Play]
AniHina.com Radio
ANIME HARDCORE RADIO 1
AnimeLemming Radio
Audguy's Jpop Station
CHALLENGING SUSHI
chickpop !
Hardcore J JPOP mp3pro
itoTunes_japan anime
MetalGeisha Radio
Paradigm City Anime
Radio Nonbiri
Rhythms of Japan
SoundStation785
Woot Anime Radio

Of which SoundStation785 is probably the best for listening practise.
Thanks for the additional links PaulTB

Back
Top Bottom