What's new

iPhone made me famous

8 Aug 2007
I am only posting this here because in practical, nightlife was included. I went to japan over my Christmas break and had by far the best time of my life. Just to let anyone who has an iphone know, go to japan!! While I am only having fun with this I am serious. I stayed in hostels and went out almost everynight in Tokyo, kyoto , or Osaka. When I was out conversing and practicing my Japanese, people would see my phone and literally freak out. It was quite funny how estatic they would get about it! My friends told girls that they were underwear models and I just had to say I was an iPhone owner :)

Ehh... it's just the brand catching on. Same as with Ipod which did/does really well here in Japan, even moreso than domestic counterparts like SONY's brand of mp3 players.. Functionwise, many of the newest domestic keitai models are just as serviceable as your standard Iphone imo. Glad you had a nice time on your trip though. :cool:

This is a real puzzle to me. I have always found Japanese MP3 players and what not far more effective and quality than anything Apple has brought to the table, and still the Icraze catches fire everywhere, -_- Id rather spend $100 on a 20 gig creative than 400 on a 10 gig Ipod any day.

This is just my opinion of course, if anyone knows why the Ipod is so much better Im open to a little education.

Yeah, I hear ya. I love Creative products also. My home theater system is a Creative hybrid. I think it's just the total aesthetic that is so popular with Japanese who are very brand-conscious imo. If you've ever seen an Ipod display in say a Bic Camera store for instance, the shelves and the promotional materials along with the actual display itself reflect on the simple, slim, smooth lines of the Ipod. All of the other domestic products are just lumped together but the Apple products have their own displays and shelfspace which is uniquely tailored to them.

This is very true. If Apple has anything going for them, its their marketing team.

I also hear the Japanese are like that with computer Graphics Cards, not really paying much mind to the stats, instead shopping for the most impressive box, so I hear anyways.

Doubt it made you 'famous', popular for a night yeah, but Japanese people, like most people, forget such novelties FAST.

Like foreigners/novelties, you'll soon be another face in the crowd, welcome!

Doubt it made you 'famous', popular for a night yeah, but Japanese people, like most people, forget such novelties FAST.

Yeah, it is so impressive how new gadgets come and come and come... on a weekly basis here in Japan.

Yeah, one with an Iphone in Japan might get a lot of attention, but that'll happen until they start selling it here which, I'm pretty much it will be soon.

Anyways, like another one said, I'm glad you had a great time on your trip. Sounds like fun.

Mauricio

Back
Top Bottom