What's new

Index - Cross Reference Heisig <-> Nelson ?

Buonaparte2d

Registered
28 Jun 2016
Anyone have a link to an index that gives the Nelson "The Original Modern Reader's Japanese Character Dictionary" with Heisig "Remembering the Kanji" or vice versa ?

Thanks
J.

If you have some basic spreadsheet / database skills, you should be able to make one yourself by starting with the KANJIDIC, stripping out all the fields you don't need, and sorting by Nelson or Heisig number.

Thankfully, before doing any work I kept searching and there it is "Remembering the Kanji Flash Cards" with the Heisig number and also has the Nelson character index number (N) and the New Nelson dictionary character number (NN).

Voilla !

Great! Thanks for the follow-up post.

I just looked again, and found an excel file of the Kanjidic on a German website (http://www.japanisch-netzwerk.de/attachment.php?aid=567&usg=AOvVaw3GvNaULQYahfXcEMfDtUvq).

I edited it down by stripping out all data except for the kanji themselves and the Heisig and Nelson numbers. The file size is only about 500K. You can easily resort it by Heisig or Nelson number, if you'd like. The file is zipped and attached to this post. (If you'd like more data fields, you can go back to the German original and use whatever data you'd like.)

Of course, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the data in the file, but it is probably OK.

Attachments

• KanjiCrossRef.zip
    168.5 KB · Views: 198
Back
Top Bottom