What's new

i'm... in... HEAVEN...

lychos

後輩
18 Jan 2004
i've always wanted to find a forum like this! 👏 becausei am planning to move to Japan when i get the money... and I need to learn stuff... can someone teach me stuff? 😄

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hachiko
I don't know if I'll be much of help...but anyway, yoroshiku onegai shimasu. 🙂

:eek: don't know what that means... i know about... 2 words... hai... konicha wa... and that's it... :eek:

Originally posted by lychos
:eek: don't know what that means... i know about... 2 words... hai... konicha wa... and that's it... :eek:

It's ok... That means "pleased to meet you." :) An informal, slang version of that in Japanese is "yorokku."

well... soooo........ could anyone who knows stuff.... teach me stuff...? 😄 (love this little guy... 😄 )

Greetings and welcome. You should check out our All Things Japanese, Japan FAQ and Japanese Language forums at your leisure if you haven't already done so. They might be able to give you some new insights into Japan or assist you in learning the language.
:)

Originally posted by lychos
i've always wanted to find a forum like this! 👏 because me and my friend (who is a girl 😍 ) are planning to move to Japan when we get the money... and I need to learn stuff... can someone teach me stuff? 😄

Son, don't be shy about askin' questions. Everyone here is helpful.

We need to get you in tip-top shape before you go on over to Japan.

Originally posted by Hachiko
It's ok... That means "pleased to meet you." :) An informal, slang version of that in Japanese is "yorokku."

Is that the slang that teenagers use? I come across younger japanese in my city making up new words using half a word of something, and half a word of another thing to create their own word... usually it's for places that have more than one word.

joins in 😄 😄 😄 😄 LET'S ALL JUST JUMP AND WAVE AT lychos! 🙂 ha ha ha nooo me Moose ran away! *runs after me Moose and waves again* enjoy the Forums!

Originally posted by Erik
Is that the slang that teenagers use? I come across younger japanese in my city making up new words using half a word of something, and half a word of another thing to create their own word... usually it's for places that have more than one word.

Japanese of all ages combine parts of two words to make up a new word. Some examples:

Dotakyan = DOTAnba (last minute) + CANcel

Ensuto (when the car engine stops) = ENjin (engine) + SUTOppu (stop)

In NYC many Japanese said Gurasen

GURAndo (Grand) + SENtoraru (Central) Grand Central Station

Yeah, Japanese seems to have an affinity for abbreviations. Here is another one: dijikame -> DIJItaru KAMEra -> digital camera

To lychos: I don't know too terribly much, but I'll share this much with you. If you want to get around Japan, especially Tokyo, learn all you can about the trains and subways. For my money, Japan's mass transit system is one the most efficient in the world today.

😄 And yeah, I like this little guy too!! 😄

Originally posted by Erik

I was about to say. Off-topic, but yes, there are many Japanese contractions for different words. Some are even up as we speak! A few contractions I can think of from the top of my head are:

Salmon Spaghetti = salmonspa
Murayama Sports = Murasport
Chrno Crusade = Kuroku
Ultra Maniac = UruMani
Hawaiian Jewelry = hawajew
narcissist = narcy (narushii)

And obviously, there are too many to count. I can think of many other contractions, but this would be a VERY LONG post. 😊

😄 < I'll call him THE MARSHMELLOW > Hardy Hardy Har!
ugh I hate reading long posts... yes I am lazy. 0-0
anywho, lychos enjoy the forum and hope you learn that stuff you wanted to learn.

Back
Top Bottom