What's new

I'm bored

You are right, and maybe the word bored isn't the right feeling. I do not have enough time to do certain things that I would like to do in life, and neither the money at the moment. It's a good life lesson, and especially in having more patience.

I wake up at 6:30 prepare breakfast for my kids, bring them to school and start work at 9:30 until about 9 ~ 11 at night. I come home watch a movie and fall asleep and this for 5 days a week. In the weekend I spend time with my kids, and just like Dave, I would take them to the park. The sad thing about this is that it feels like I have to take them instead of wanting to take them... or even worse (better, I guess it depends on how you see it) they want to go with the park with you (when they are older they might not want to play with me anymore).

There are too many things that I have to do, and I can't do the things that I want to do. These days I really start to think that I have gotten into marriage too early, and it does make me wonder if I will stay with her (it feels like I am only with her for the kids at the moment).

Regarding, getting an affair... I have thought about it, and it might make life more interesting (living in Japan, and being married makes it easier to understand why someone would cheat on another and the idea of getting married and staying together with that person for the rest of your life and never cheat on him/her is just not realistic IMO).

I have decided to start my own business from now on during after work and have set myself a 1 year goal to stop working at my company and go semi-full time by next April.

Enjoying the small things in life makes life more interesting and I try to focus on those kind of things. Going to onsen by myself late at night, watching a movie, meeting with friends, eating good food, running, etc. My wife told me the other day I live like someone whom is single, and I guess she got a point with that.

I wonder what my life would look like, 1 or 2 years from now.

My day,
Wake up 6:30am > Have breakfast 6:45am > Leave for work 7:00am > Work > Arrive home 8:00pm ~ 11:00pm > watch TV > Grab beer @ 5min intervals and drink until fall asleep/unconscious

Same, day in , day out for 6 days a week. Sunday is spent with the kids at a park (I have been to just about every park in the Kansai region) and if I don't feel up to it or ask my wife to skip it today, I am hit with a guilt trip. I love my kids, but sometimes it can just be a chore and I really do feel bad when thoughts like that come into my head. The best thing about Sundays is I can grab a beer after lunch after we get home from where ever this weeks field trip with the kids ends.

I virtually have no friends, ie, No time to have friends, plus the fact that my wife hates having people over. She gets pretty pi$$ed off even when my parents stay for longer that 7 days. ( I love my wife, but I fight with her about having people over quite regularly)
Frankly an affair would be too much effort and trouble if you ask me. If I didn't have beer in my life I don't know what I would do, but my last Kenkoushindan showed up high liver enzymes and now I have to cut back on beer, which I can't do.

So , Dave, I know where you are. I been there for close to 10 years now.I am sure it will get better in the future, but there is no other way to go but forward.

Cheers

glad im not the only one here.

my wife hates it as well when the family comes over and she cares way too much about everything,even though i tell her she doesnt have too.

we can slways take a step back and go forward from there but i guess we have our responsibilities in life that cant just walk away from (they have been in my mind though).

have you thought about changing jobs or doing something for yourself Dave?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't quit, my position is too important and the company would be in quite a bit of disarray if did. I am not saying that they would not recover, but I would put a lot of people who I like and have taken a lot of time to teach in a very difficult position. (we have over 400 staff in employment) Not to mention that half the company is my wife's and mine, BUT, I am not the boss( I am second in charge) which makes things 10 times harder. But, being that the company is ours I pretty much get to do what I want, within the realm of not having the staff find out. Eg, if I go home early or take a day off here and there (very infrequent things though).

I have the same argument about having people over with my wife, though it has been getting better. Her family of course is never even a question about coming and staying (not that I have any issue with that).

Not sure if this belongs in the chit chat or serious discussion section. Guess it kind of depends on how the thread goes... if it will go somewhere... lol.

I'm bored... I have a job that makes me work until late at night that I don't like, I have 2 kids (3rd coming up), a wife ... and I feel there is more than life than just this. doing the same things over and over every day, it makes me feel bored and I am getting boring as well. Would love to spice up my life a bit more without using too much money, and there are some extreme decisions that I could take but well I am not ready for that much adventure yet ;) .

Do you feel bored in life sometimes? how do you make your life more interesting?

I wish I could have the life that you have, why so bored with the life that you have? You have your kids and your wife with you, or might have been only the work that bores you? I wish I could tell you not to state that, because their were lots including me who always wishes to have a good family but sort of not blessed having such.. :) I'm pretty much sure that I'm not the one to talk, as I'am maybe younger than you are and thus you know life more than I do, and doesn't have a family to support,, But I do have a girlfriend, but was never been bored even if we see each other everyday doing nothing but pure talks and sometimes dating in malls (but mostly just talks and talks everyday).. Sadly, we can't be husband and wife so I must say with that I already envy your life, so it's kind of depressing to know that the one that I have prayed for everyday is something that a man got bored with,,, (Hopefully though you weren't pertaining to your family as a part of what makes you bored),,, Sorry as well if this maybe offending, but I hope it's not.. Just passing by though, reading people's posts and try to comment if there are something to comment of.. P.S sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language...

nice to hear you got a nice girl that you can spend time with! why cant you get married?

bored.. maybe im not enjoying life enough and want to do other things. thinking of quiting my job, but got to find something else first.

think about the little pleasures in life and its more fun.

nice to hear you got a nice girl that you can spend time with! why cant you get married?

bored.. maybe im not enjoying life enough and want to do other things. thinking of quiting my job, but got to find something else first.

think about the little pleasures in life and its more fun.

I wish I could do that.. I love her so bad, and she loves me too the same as I do to her.. But we couldn't be with each other, perhaps not anymore in few weeks.. She got married (typing this makes me want to cry) with a Japanese guy (arranged).. Well, we couldn't do anything about it, because it was the decision of her parents.. Though for some reasons that I had totally accepted and understand, she should be doing it for her family.. You know, business and stuffs... Like Romeo and Juliet, for the sake of having a family to family bond or whatsoever it is called.. But to top it all, we can consider that my love life might be in a mess, and was actually praying for what you have as of the moment.. So I was kind of emotional when I've read your OP, and was kind of, "May I just have it?".. Hehehehe.. So I hope you'll be thankful with the family that you have there, because there were lots of us who prays daily of what you have.. CHEERS!!!!!!!!! :)

Mistress. Get a mistress. They don't grow on trees, but there are some women who just want a guy to hang out with and get it on and don't want a husband or serious BF and won't eat your time and your money.

People don't usually float that option and I have had to discover for myself, while floating in a sea of boredom and misery, that Maslow was right and sex is a need...not just sex...but satisfying sex. I know now that my happiness and life satisfaction are quite tied to it, and there is no fooling myself with other activities that frankly sex negative and prissy people would approve of.

Of course I will allow that we are all different and it might not be what you need at all. But on the other hand it might be precisely what you need, and the intolerance and denial that generally follows that simple fact annoys the hell out of me. Everyone deserves life satisifaction except those who are only satisfied by raw, unconsentual sadism and death.

If your wife no longer does it for you, or does not even really do it at all, its a fact of life. But its NOT something to break up a family over. Just be responsible and careful and keep it quiet.
Isn't that like... cheating? Like if I was to go out with some random guy just because I wasn't satisfied with my partner at that time I would feel guilty and if they found out I bet they would feel bad. That would break up trust between us two... so like maybe not do that? Keeping it guiet doesn't help the feelings you get afterward. But I guess some people don't feel shame 🤷 as far as the 'sexual matters' I would say there is many things to help you with that 😌 *cough cough* anyways... that's just my Ted talk idk

I was a bit stunned when I was in Japan (Fukuoka 1970-72) , it was considered OK and a sign of success to have a girlfriend/mistress and a wife who stayed home and took care of the kids. The master/owner of the bar where I worked had a really beautiful wife and 2 kids. She only came to the bar once while it was closed for repairs and his girlfriend was always by his side. She was a bit on the chubby side and not as good looking as the wife. My Japanese buddy said she was just a kind of token mistress to make the owner look better to his business friends. I really liked the master , but I thought it made him look bad in my eyes.

Hehe i do feel a bit embarrassed to reading this thread again ;)

UGH ! Don't mention mid-life crisis. Mine was tough, LOL. The building where I worked for the government Medicare department had a flagpole on the 5th story roof overlooking a giant parking lot. I thought about using it to hang myself to show how bad working there was , LOL. I quit there and became a home care nurse and lived happily ever after.

UGH ! Don't mention mid-life crisis. Mine was tough, LOL. The building where I worked for the government Medicare department had a flagpole on the 5th story roof overlooking a giant parking lot. I thought about using it to hang myself to show how bad working there was , LOL. I quit there and became a home care nurse and lived happily ever after.
I'll be honest with you, home care nurse is nowhere near the top of my list for dream jobs. But fortunately everybody has different skills and needs and preferences. I just hope a good one will be available when I need one.

The hardest part was going to all the funerals. I did almost all men and men would not accept a nurse until they could no longer get out of bed. Most were in the end stage of death and I would only have them a few weeks to a few months until death. Over my 20 years , I sure saw a lot of death. Often there were no family to help and I would help the wife with the funeral arrangements. I was to old to be a police officer any more so nursing was a way to give back to my community. I swear I went to every type of church in southern Maine for services.

The hardest part was going to all the funerals. I did almost all men and men would not accept a nurse until they could no longer get out of bed. Most were in the end stage of death and I would only have them a few weeks to a few months until death. Over my 20 years , I sure saw a lot of death. Often there were no family to help and I would help the wife with the funeral arrangements. I was to old to be a police officer any more so nursing was a way to give back to my community. I swear I went to every type of church in southern Maine for services.
Thats so sad. They wouldn't accept a nurse even if you could help them. But i guess if they were at that end point there wasn't much you could do. I would be so sad if i died and i didnt have any family to be with me in the end.

A funny trend that kept me supper busy with male patients was jealous wives. They did NOT want a cute young nurse giving their husband a bath , LOL. I was amazed how many wives felt that way. And sometimes , the man didn't want a female washing his privates , LOL. I could write a book on all the crazy things you see and hear when more or less living with a family and sometimes becoming part of their family.

The weirdest advance on me was by a female minister who came to visit my patient. She sat with me in the kitchen while I was having lunch. Casual chit chat slowly got around to my marriage and my sex life. Then she made no bones about she was single and interested in sex , LOL. It really blew me away that a minister would be so aggressive. Another time a cute nurse working with me asked me to check her breast implants. She thought a nipple was a bit crooked and asked me to feel them and see if they felt real or fake(I declined). Most of the wives were a lot older than me , so no interest on my part. I did have a young male patient who's wife had died. He had 2 young daughters who loved to run around nude in front of me all the time as some kind of game they played. I never dared cheat on my wife. She is a crack shot and said if I ever cheated , I'd have more holes in me than a sieve . Her other threat was , working for Maine's largest law firm , I be out on the street in just my underwear , LOL.

Back
Top Bottom