What's new

Huh... My passport expired 10 months ago without renewing...

19 May 2007
Just looked at the date my pasport expired today and it was ten months ago. :eek: For some reason I though it expired this year and since I have not been out of Japan for over 5 years I have not looked at it for a long , long time. Ah well... off to immigrations tommorow to see what I can do.

Just looked at the date my pasport expired today and it was ten months ago. :eek: For some reason I though it expired this year and since I have not been out of Japan for over 5 years I have not looked at it for a long , long time. Ah well... off to immigrations tommorow to see what I can do.

I believe I would contact my embassy and try to have a new passport in hand before I showed up at immigration with nothing but an expired passport.

(I have to remember to renew mine later this year. When you never travel anywhere it's easy to forget you even have one, much less when the darned thing expires).

I believe I would contact my embassy and try to have a new passport in hand before I showed up at immigration with nothing but an expired passport.
(I have to remember to renew mine later this year. When you never travel anywhere it's easy to forget you even have one, much less when the darned thing expires).
That is the plan at the moment. What I am really hoping is that that back date the new passport to last year, I doubt that will happen but you never know. Anyway, I will post upadates as this could be a good thing for people to know in the future if it happens to anyone else. Forgive the time delay if I am deported as I won't have acces to a PC (Unless they have one in my holding cell,LOL) Joke...😌

Yeah, just get a new passport from your embassy, then go to Japanese immigration with both passports. They'll move over the visa. Should be cool.

As long as your alien card and visa are in order, the expired passport won't hurt. Just get that renewed at your embassy. Don't go to immigration until you get the new passport. You'll probably have to visit the ward office, actually, to make the change on your alien card. There may be no need at all to visit immigration. Just keep the old passport with the previous visa stamp in it. I did.

Rang the Embassy today and they said everything is fine, all I have to do is renew my passport and alien card and I am done like Glenski said. I don't have to go to immigration if I don't want my visa transferred to my new passport, so all is good.

Back
Top Bottom