What's new

Question Holiday in Japan

5 Jul 2018
Hi, I'm organising my trip to Japan next year, and I'm looking for advice. I want to do a lot of sightseeing and exploring in Tokyo and Kyoto ; I also want to visit the naval museum in Yokosuka. And to be more precise I want to know the best ways to organise travel and accommodation around these places.

When do you plan to come, for how long, and with what sort of daily budget?

I want to do a lot of sight seeing and exploring in tokyo and kyoto
People here are glad to give advice, but tell us what interests you about those places so we can focus on them.

Probably somewhere between June and August next year. I'll be going for 7-10 days with about £1000 (that's excluding hotel) in total to spend. It's obvious that I'd be starting in Tokyo to see all sorts of things; imperial palace, Skytree, Akihabara and everything in between. I'm still to make a list of everything that I must see (which is a good point, I still need to figure out what's a must see and whats worth seeing in both cities.)

Hi Kamil,

I'm a Brit too, living in Japan and I work in the travel industry. Sorry, but I don't know anything about Tokyo or Kyoto (my business is on a different Island). But I just wonder if you are used to traveling in the heat, because Tokyo is super hot in July and August and can also be very very wet in June. I understand that you may not be able to choose any other months to travel, or maybe the heat and rain aren't such a big problem for you, it's just something for you to think about.

The main thing is, Japan is an amazing place, whenever you come. Enjoy.

Hi Kamil,

I'm a Brit too, living in Japan and I work in the travel industry. Sorry, but I don't know anything about Tokyo or Kyoto (my business is on a different Island). But I just wonder if you are used to traveling in the heat, because Tokyo is super hot in July and August and can also be very very wet in June. I understand that you may not be able to choose any other months to travel, or maybe the heat and rain aren't such a big problem for you, it's just something for you to think about.

The main thing is, Japan is an amazing place, whenever you come. Enjoy.
I'm well aware, but I don't mind. I also might be able to go sooner thanks anyways. Also, damn you're lucky

And to be more precise i want to know the best ways to organise travel and accommodation around these places.

I have always found booking.com to be very helpful. We're currently travelling along the Sea of Japan and have so far completely relied on their services, often just reserving the night before. Alternatively, you could also use

Jalan : Japan Hotels & RyokanBooking Site

About Yokosuka.
"Mikasa Park"
The Mikasa Park is preserved as a memorial hall of Japan's flagship battleship Mikasa in the battle of the Sea of Japan during the Russo-Japanese War.
Open Hours: 9:00-17:30
Admission : 600 yen.
Home | MIKASA, Historic Memorial Warship

"YOKOSUKA military port tour"
It was good to take a cruise tour of US and Japanese battle ships.
A 45-minute short cruise tours weekdays 11am - 3pm, weekends 10am - 3pm every hour at a cost of 1,400 JPY.
YOKOSUKA軍港めぐり | 【TRYANGLE WEB】YOKOSUKA軍港めぐり / 無人島・猿島 / ヨコスカBBQ のトライアングル

"Anjinzuka"
Anjinzuka is in Yokosuka's Tsukayama Park.
Hemi of Yokosuka was Miura Anjin territory.
安針塚|観光スポット|横須賀市観光情報サイト「ここはヨコスカ」

Gourmet in Yokosuka
"Navy curry","Yokosuka Navy Burger"
SPOT|YOKOSUKA TRAVEL GUIDE

カレーの街よこすか » 地図から探す

About Yokosuka.
"Mikasa Park"
The Mikasa Park is preserved as a memorial hall of Japan's flagship battleship Mikasa in the battle of the Sea of Japan during the Russo-Japanese War.
Open Hours: 9:00-17:30
Admission : 600 yen.
Home | MIKASA, Historic Memorial Warship

"YOKOSUKA military port tour"
It was good to take a cruise tour of US and Japanese battle ships.
A 45-minute short cruise tours weekdays 11am - 3pm, weekends 10am - 3pm every hour at a cost of 1,400 JPY.
YOKOSUKA軍港めぐり | 【TRYANGLE WEB】YOKOSUKA軍港めぐり / 無人島・猿島 / ヨコスカBBQ のトライアングル

"Anjinzuka"
Anjinzuka is in Yokosuka's Tsukayama Park.
Hemi of Yokosuka was Miura Anjin territory.
http://www.cocoyoko.net/spot/anzinduka.html

Gourmet in Yokosuka
"Navy curry","Yokosuka Navy Burger"
SPOT|YOKOSUKA TRAVEL GUIDE

カレーの街よこすか » 地図から探す

Hi there!

I just went to Tokyo and Osaka this summer with my sister and we had a great time. There are a lot of things you can do in both cities that are completely free! Like if you want to have a nice view of course you can buy an expensive ticket to go up the Tokyo Skytree (after standing in line for a couple hours probably) but you can also just go to the Metropolitan Government Building. The gardens/parks in Japan are super nice to visit too, especially if you want to experience what it's like to have a quiet place in such busy cities. If you want to rent a kimono, which is a really fun thing to do, you should do this in Osaka instead of Tokyo because it's cheaper.

If you want to have some fun in Osaka indoors definitely go check out the amusement building that's pretty much across Hep5. It's right on top of a huge DonQuihote. Has bright lights and stuff so you won't miss it lol. But you can basically do anything here: go bowling, play pool, play games, etc.

For acommodation we stayed in an airbnb in Shinjuku, which was lovely and in an APA hotel at another location in Tokyo and we also did the Links hotel I think it was called in Osaka. Both hotels are very basic, we were traveling on a budget.

Yokohama is one of our favorite places. China town at motomachi-chukagai station is lots of fun. The harbor walk has some great sites, like "the hill" and a 1930's passenger/cargo steamer you can tour.
Of course Kama kura and Enoshima Island, not far from Yokohama are a great day trip if you are up early.
Ueno Park in Tokyo is fun. Its adjacent to Tokyo University. Food from everywhere is there and the station is part of the "ring" around central Tokyo making it so easy to get to from Ikebukuro, Shinjuku and Akihabara.
We live in Tokyo so we do a lot of sight seeing around the Kanto area.

Back
Top Bottom