What's new

Hey Everyone =)

24 Mar 2005
Hey, I'm Starting a degree in Japanese next year at Leeds uni (UK) and am interested in getting to know as much about Japan as possible, and thought a forum is porbably a good place to have a peek at! At the moment i only know the odd Japanese word, basically in romanji, but once a-levels are over i am going to learn hirigana and katakana over the summer, and over the next four years i hope to progress to near natice fluency.

Im going to live in Japan september06 for an academic year, and i'm really nervous but CAN'T WAIT! Animes i've watched and enjoyed are Gundam wing and evangelion, I really like J-pop and J-rock etc, I'm also really into video games, especially DDR. I have v.limited knowledge, but lots of interest in electronics, robotics and philosophy.
I am a fan of what i call "retro" cartoons for my age, so basically late 80's early 90's stuff liek transformers, ninja turtles, thundercats. Is that enough about me? Oh i likey likey my internet and computer lots 2. Hope this post ain't too long, and I'm gonna go invade the main forums now! Seeya-round the site 🙂

Hi Zankoku.na.tenshi ! Welcome To The Forum !!

Not fair , all you young people getting to go to Japan. There's a ton of info here in old posts and links to other info to help you. Don't be afraid to use search and read old posts. Lot's of help here for you to learn Japanese also. You have a good 6 months to make your trip more enjoyable through use of this Forum. Good luck and enjoy!

Frank

🙂

Hello and welcome to the forum from the Midlands. I am jealous of the fact you are going to Japan. There is plenty of info about for you. The Kana should be quite easy for you to learn and there are several good books on them. Just have to learn the language next. :) 🙂

Welcome to the good ship JRef, zankoku.na.tenshi! Good luck with your studies at Leeds and in Japan. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. 👍 Enjoy your stay with us! 🙂🎈

Frank D. White said:
I'll put a pic of KNM up instead!

Where did you get that? That's awesome! :D:D

Back
Top Bottom