What's new

Help wanted to purchase (wholesome family) game

PaulTB

Manga Psychic
22 Jan 2004
tl;dr - Plz buy game for me and put it somewhere I can dowload it. Will pay you (pref. by paypal) cost of game + a bit extra.

A month or two back I bought Meine Reise (イロハニソフト) a RPG game with some strategy/war elements. You play a single character but can recruit others into your party. You can go explore the world, raid dungeons or sign up as a soldier to a kingdom and work to get promotions. It's a cheap game but suprisingly addictive.

Anyway, it turns out that most sites selling it hate my Visa Debit card and I could only buy it from one place - dl.getchu.com

Fast forwards to about a week ago. A new version is announced with more content and some nasty bugs fixed. Great! Only when the download sites start showing the new version dl.getchu is still stuck on the old one. :( I sent a support email to the games maker via dl.getchu but get no response.

If someone could buy the game from dlsite and get it to me that would be really cool. The game costs 1944 yen - about 13 pounds or 17 dollars. I'll pay you back whatever it costs you + 50% extra for wasting your time. It's 55 MB so it could be split into three 20MB gmail email attachements or stuck on some cloud storage thing (uploader / onedrive / etc.).

N.B. The game is all ages (全年齢), but the sites selling it aren't.

Please reply in this thread first so we can sort out details.

Well it's all sorted out now.

My (complete lack of) patience paid off. The update finally came out, I still couldn't download it and I sent dl.getchu support a message.

I got back the most excruciatingly polite reply back - about 20 lines worth.

Loosely translating into the English we get:

"You don't get update downloads unless you register at the site. This time we fixed it for you. Don't do it again."

I'm not sure my english expertise is sufficient to show just how elegantly I was not actually called an idiot in Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom