What's new

Hello everyone...another newbie to the site!

FDDreamer

後輩
23 Jan 2008
Hi,

Just a quick note to introduce myself! My name's Adrian, I live in England and hope to be able to start studying Japanese soon! I am currently trying to ascertain which self-study book/CD etc is right for me as I work full time and do not have the luxury of tuition!

This site seems to have a great community though, and I hope that I will pick up some sage advice that will point me in the direction of the best learning resource for a complete beginner like me!

Anyway, nice to meet you all, bye for now!

Kind regards,

Adrian

Thanks for the welcome! Well I certainly have a lot to learn...as of today I can read and write 15 characters in Hiragana...and that's about it!

Seems like a great place to learn though, already picked up lots of useful advice just from looking about! :)

You're welcome! Yeah, it's great here. People ask a lot of good questions and give fabulous answers. How convienient is that?? :)

Well at the moment all I seem to be doing is asking questions, but it's nice to think that maybe one day I'll be in a position to give someone else some answers! :)

I've got my trusty hiragana table all ready for my train journey home, going to see if I can learn the next 10 characters in order to bring the total to 25!

Yeah when I was learning I looked up random words in my Japanese dictionary and wrote them in hiragana (Using the table of course)) Repetition really does help also. Finding ways to look at a character and remember it's meaning is nice too. Like "ta" looks kinda like a "t"... And "no" looks like a sideways N. ;)

Welcome to JREF FDDreamer! I hope you enjoy your time here with us and good luck with your Japanese studies!

Thank you! So far so good, although I appreciate I'm only at the tip of the proverbial iceberg I have managed to learn 46 characters in Hiragana, which is encouraging!

Kanji scares me as Hiragana seems hard enough, yet I've heard there are literally thousands of Kanji...but one step at a time!

Howdy, FD. I've been learning Japanese intensively for about a year now and I feel I've broken through the kanji gap. They no longer intimidate me really. While Japanese requires a lot of study, as long as you enjoy learning it then mastering kanji and the kana is more about time than difficulty. I'd say the most difficult thing is managing to squeeze the knowledge out onto paper or in conversation, but this is the same with all languages.

Above all be confident and don't stress. :)

Although I'm only an A-level student I offer basic lessons to help beginners with kana, the beginnings of kanji and basic grammar. If you're interested just say. :)

Back
Top Bottom