What's new

Has anyone here been to Kura sushi restaurants

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
A new one open up recently and we are going to try it out tonight. Seems like it is always packed.

Now we have 4 sushi places. Recently 2 older ones have closed, not sure what is happening since both were chains.
The 4 we have now are:
はまずし sushi はま寿司
かっぱ sushi
スシロ sushi which just open a few weeks ago
and now Kura sushi

Kappa sushi makes the best California rolls.
Shiro sushi has the best and largest breaded shrimp and pumpkin tempura and very large ebi sushi.
Hamma sushi has good soups and the fish seems to be always very fresh and tasty.

Last edited:
I have never been there, but make sure to post some pics when you try them out. :)

I have never been there, but make sure to post some pics when you try them out. 🙂:

Hmm, I wonder if we can take indoors pics, probably.
Anyway, Kura sushi has lids on top of all their dishes. Also, you don't keep the dishes on the table after eating the sushi, you put them into a "hole" at the front of the table and it sucks the dishes away. After 5 dishes you get to play a game, if you win, you get something free.

Went to visit the restaurant on the 26th of Nov, Saturday at 2.15pm. The restaurant is full and a queue number is required.

The greatest challenge in this restaurant is queue numbers are called out verbally by the staffs in Japanese and there is no queue number being displayed.

Waiting time was approximately an hour. Menu from the iPad can be displayed in English.

Food is delicious and price is reasonable. Family with young children should really try this restaurant.

For every 5 plates, you will stand a chance to win a capsule. Based on observation, the capsule will be dispensed out with every 15 plates.

We've been there 3-4 times now. Once or twice in California and once or twice in Japan. The kids love it. If we lived near one I'm sure we'd go there regularly.

Last weekend we went for our 2nd time. Sad to say we won't be going back. The wait was like 60 minutes, the slices of the fish were actually torn, and worst yet the fish seemed to have been out of refrig too long. Our first visit there was good enough for a second try, but the second time around we just gave up. Terrible to sum it up. I think there is a shortage of labor, a real shortage of labor. Kids these days don't like the split hours and working conditions for 780 yen an hour.

No. I haven't seen the place that you mentioned. Also I haven't see Sushi yet and don't know its taste, but I watched a documentary film about this food.

I saw in the film the old people of Japan ( or maybe Korea) put a group of fishes into a big container for few months and allowed to be changed into a soft thing and then ate it.
It was told in the film, nowadays Sushi is different with that traditional Sushi and is very delicious (excuse me, my mouth water is flowing from my lips because of imagining eating Sushi in the restaurant that you addressed). I hope I can travel to Japan someday and have a dish of Sushi.

I saw in the film the old people of Japan ( or maybe Korea) put a group of fishes into a big container for few months and allowed to be changed into a soft thing and then ate it.
That was Korean most likely.
It was told in the film, nowadays Sushi is different with that traditional Sushi and is very delicious (excuse me, my mouth water is flowing from my lips because of imagining eating Sushi in the restaurant that you addressed). I hope I can travel to Japan someday and have a dish of Sushi.
Most likely you won't like sushi, at least at first. But I definitely encourage you to try it. You don't need to travel to Japan to eat it. Even Tehran has sushi restaurants. Of course quality is unlikely to match Japan's.

That was Korean most likely.

Most likely you won't like sushi, at least at first. But I definitely encourage you to try it. You don't need to travel to Japan to eat it. Even Tehran has sushi restaurants. Of course quality is unlikely to match Japan's.

Your right, probably the film was made in Southern Korea. I Also heard, some restaurants in Tehran serve Sushi and some Chinese foods. The issue is that I haven't traveled to Tehran for many years. In fact, I haven't gone out of Shiraz about four years. I even don't go out from my house often and stay at home. The only thing that connects me to a little number of people in some websites is the internet (mostly in JF and an English writing forum).
I am not social and prefer to be alone, think, study the contents of some websites or play PC game. So I contact people seldom face to face.

Anyhow, apparently Sushi hasn't a good taste for beginners, right?

I love this kind fish of Persian Golf that is called "Sorkhoo" in domestic language of Southern people of Iran ( it does mean red). I cook it with a thin layer of flour, salt and curry in the vegetable oil and eat with the traditional Iranian bread that is cooked on the small spherical stones or sometimes with cooked rice.

topic77notesimage3408.jpg

pic-41195-1524633536.jpg

The fish has a hot nature and is so much delicious. If my wallet allows me I can eat three dishes of it altogether.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom