What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Scam Hamamatsu Merger Group

Bakkere

Registered
Reaction score
I’m looking for credentials for this company. They like to buy my stock in Simba mines. They are located in Tokyo, Shiroma trust tower 21F. 4-3-1 Toranomon, Minato-Ku. hamamatsumerger dot com

Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

bentenmusume

やれやれ
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks incredibly sketchy for all the reasons below.

- No Japanese version of their homepage (nor can I find any information on them in Japanese at all by searching for potential Japanese translations of their company name).
- That particular address (21st floor of Shiroyama Trust Tower), is a rental office, meaning anyone could rent space there and use it as an address.
- Likewise, the phone number on their homepage (area code 050) is an VoIP phone number, which are cheaply obtained by anyone (even people not actually in Japan) and are often (not always) used for fraudulent purposes.
- And lastly, this may be subjective, but their entire homepage is a bunch of meaningless business mumbo-jumbo with no real substance, the pictures on their homepage look like random clip art photos of a bowing Japanese man, etc., rather actual employees of a real company, and so on.

Put it all together, and I'm 99.99999999999999% sure this company is a fraud, perhaps perpetuated by someone who isn't even in Japan (or a Japanese national).

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Ah, another contender in the runup for the JREF Phony Business Award. I concur with bentenmusume's assessment and would like to add:
  • their domain was only registered last September
  • their website is hosted on a server with 561 other sites which hints at shared hosting, something no serious company would ever consider.
  • a Google search will bring up two references: a review posted to a dubious website and this thread.
@Bakkere, how did you get in touch with them? Have you phoned them under the number indicated on their website?

Bakkere

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, another contender in the runup for the JREF Phony Business Award. I concur with bentenmusume's assessment and would like to add:
  • their domain was only registered last September
  • their website is hosted on a server with 561 other sites which hints at shared hosting, something no serious company would ever consider.
  • a Google search will bring up two references: a review posted to a dubious website and this thread.
@Bakkere, how did you get in touch with them? Have you phoned them under the number indicated on their website?
Thank you for your answer. They contacted me to buy my shares in a copper mine. But you can guess that I have to pay first before they will pay for my shares

Bakkere

Registered
Reaction score
Looks incredibly sketchy for all the reasons below.

- No Japanese version of their homepage (nor can I find any information on them in Japanese at all by searching for potential Japanese translations of their company name).
- That particular address (21st floor of Shiroyama Trust Tower), is a rental office, meaning anyone could rent space there and use it as an address.
- Likewise, the phone number on their homepage (area code 050) is an VoIP phone number, which are cheaply obtained by anyone (even people not actually in Japan) and are often (not always) used for fraudulent purposes.
- And lastly, this may be subjective, but their entire homepage is a bunch of meaningless business mumbo-jumbo with no real substance, the pictures on their homepage look like random clip art photos of a bowing Japanese man, etc., rather actual employees of a real company, and so on.

Put it all together, and I'm 99.99999999999999% sure this company is a fraud, perhaps perpetuated by someone who isn't even in Japan (or a Japanese national).
Thank you for your research and your conclusions. I didn’t trust them too. But wanted to know for sure.

misternada

Kouhai
Reaction score
Google found this: Saj-gov.org - saj-gov.org Reviews

"*** SCAM - NOT AN OFFICIAL SITE ****"

Working in conjunction with a bunch of scammers at Hamamatsumerger.com.
Hamamatsumerger.com will contact you - tell you that you have some shares that they want to buy off them for over a hundred thousand dollars - all you need to do is "put some money in escrow" to have them re- register them to you - then they will send you the money.

In order to try and convince you they are genuine - they recommend you check them out by contacting saj-gov.org - they give you an email address and a number.

All aprt of the scam. Underlying owners of these companies registered in Panama.

Scammer name is Lionel Bohlen

*** Do not send any money *****

aurelius

Registered
Reaction score
I, too, have been contacted by Hamamatsu Merger Group offering to buy my shares in a different company, also requiring a substantial 'refundable' re-registration fee. I agree with all of the above contributors' comments. An image search of the photo of a bowing Japanese man referred to by bentenmusume shows him to be the Toshiba Corp President and CEO, Satoshi Tsunakawa, taken from the Wall Street Journal, 27 Dec 2016. In support of misternada's post concerning the authenticiy of the Securities Authority of Japan, I entered several genuine registered company names into their 'Check a Company' facility. All returned 'this is a non-registered company'. Only Hamamatsu seems to be registered! I also contacted the Financial Services Agency (of Japan) to query the authenticity of SAJ but got no reply.
Best to avoid, I think.

fatoomch

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely a scam. A guy called Lionel Bohlen contacted me in the UK offering to buy shares from me in Laserlock Technologies - but wanted me to deposit $7,000 USD before paying me $140,000. LOL - not gonna happen. Kept ringing me - I played him along for a while, but got bored in the end. Very easy to do a whois on the website to find out who hosts etc. Hosted in the US. Also suggested I check the story with Securities authority of Japan - another scam company, coincidentally hosted by the same company who host HAMAMATSUMERGER.COM

Further to our conversation, you may contact the Securities Authority of Japan independently in order to do your checks and due diligence into the Laserlock Technologies, Inc acquisition.

Please indicate your shareholder reference number of ***** in any communication with them.

Securities Authority of Japan
E-mail:
[email protected]
Address: San Yamamoto Building, 13-3 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0031
Phone: 815055332725

They are there for you as a shareholder, please do let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Lionel Bohlen
Senior Partner

Monumental

Registered
Reaction score
Same guy Lionel contacted someone connected to me to buy their shares. Unfortunately he has paid out money to them before he told me and when I done background checks it doesn’t seem legit.
just wondering did anyone actually get paid and has anyone heard of Kenneth biard or Brian turmbull who has also contacted them.
just wondering is their anything they can do to re coup money.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Good luck in retrieving your money, @Monumental!

It appears the Financial Conduct Authority has issued a warning on Hamamatsu Merger, too:

And the Financial Services Agency has published a list with non-existing Japanese government bodies often referred to in scams. One of them is the "Securities Authority of Japan":

Top Bottom