What's new

Good textbooks

Kenkaku musei

後輩
3 Jun 2004
Does anyone know of any good text books that are written in English to teach someone Japanese. Badly in need of a workbook here. Any help is appreciated!!

Arigatou!

Try Nakama 1 by Hatasa. I used it when I started learning Japanese and the text is so clear that I didn't even need to go to class to learn :) It starts in English but quickly teaches you Hiragana, Katakana, and some basic Kanji as you progress through the text. There is also a workbook that accompanies it which will help you understand the grammar and give you pages for writing practice. I recommend it whole-heartedly, and even after 3 years of studying I still keep that text at home 👍

Would this book be any good for someone who wants to learn Japanese, but doesnt know any of it yet?

Absolutely Chrono. It is written with the assumption that you don't know a single thing about the Japanese language, and it will get you off the ground fast but not overwhelm you. In my opinion it is a great purchase for any new student. I would get the workbook too if you intend to self study.

BTW: I love your avatar :D

There are two books that go with this right? I just got the work book but I think I was supposed to get another one as well... unless I can find somewhere to decipher everything in this book :emoji_thinking: I guess I'll have to go order the other one, when I went to order it the first time the guy seemed a bit confused so I guess he wasn't sure what to order.

Back
Top Bottom