What's new

Genki workbook audio lesson 9

derick78b

先輩
12 Oct 2011
Hello, there.

I would like to know if anybody could help me with the audio file from workbook n9. There's a youtube link with audio:

My problem is at 1:19 when he says:
"ano ???? wo shiteiru otoko no hito wa dare desu ka" <--- Sorry about not posting using hiragana/kanji, I'm not at home.
Then the other person says:
"ane no boifurendo desu. Ane to ???? shiteimasu."
All I can understand is KISU, but that doesn't make ANY sense.
The exercise is about telling who is who at a party.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thank you very much for your attention
Have a nice week!

Attachments

• 41804957_333039933924329_3856197139302449152_n.jpg
    41804957_333039933924329_3856197139302449152_n.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 178
You got it correctly. He indeed said "kisu", i.e., kiss. The picture is not for the audio file (or the audio file is not for the picture). The versions are different from each other, perhaps?

You are absolutely right, Toritoribe. I've checked my CD - i didnt before because i was really lazy and YouTube seemed to be faster :). This YouTube áudio is from the second Edition, while I use the first one. In the first one they are 踊っている which Makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much. You dont know how many hours i was like checking all the vocabulary pages. By the way, can i do this all the time? Putting the をparticle if i want to separate.
Ex:
今日私は友達の家で勉強をする。
今日私は友達の家で勉強する。

In the books case, they chose to separate kiss, but could i make it into a verb?
姉はキッスしている。

Thank you very much for everything.
Have a nice week

When the noun is a verbal noun (動作性名詞: a noun that expresses action/movement), ~をする and ~する are usually both valid. On the other hand, を is necessary for non-verbal nouns (非動作性名詞).
e.g.
〇練習をする
〇練習する
(練習 "Practice" is a verbal noun.)

〇ネクタイをする to wear a necktie
×ネクタイする

〇父は医者をしている My father is a doctor.
×父は医者している
(ネクタイ and 医者 are non-verbal nouns, so を is necessary.)

キス is a verbal noun, so キスをする and キスする are both valid.

Back
Top Bottom