What's new

Free beagle puppies: urgent

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
15 Mar 2002
I just heard from a coworker that due to the death of the breeder there are about 100 beagle puppies aged between 3 days and 100 days old available for immediate adoption.

If not adopted, they are going to be euthanized in a couple of days so if you want one and can come to Gunma to get it, contact me immediately.

Mike, that's just terrible! We'll spread the word and might have a few contacts too. I'll PM you once home.

I finally got a call from my co-worker. It seems a couple of animal rescue organizations have stepped in and taken in the pups. No idea what the groups are or how to contact them, though.

I wish he had just kept his mouth shut to begin with.

I guess that's good news for the puppies. It's comforting to know that the animal welfare system works.

Sure.

I don't remember any beagles, but last week at the shop where ours goes monthly or so for a bath and trim, there were several signs in the ¥180-200k range. That's retail.

With the right paperwork and reputation, about half that might be what this person was getting for them. I'm glad some pros have stepped in.

hey @Mike Cash, sorry but is it possible to find out any info about the groups that took the puppies? I got a bite from a friend in the Kanto area, their friend expressed an interest:
Goodmorning! ビーグルちゃんの件ですが、ぜひ連絡先知りたいとのことです。 都内に住んでいる人なので、できれば埼玉、東京、千葉あたりで引き取ったグループの連絡先だとありがたいです。 (なければ遠くても大丈夫!) 連絡おまちしてます!

If you can help connect her with the right folks, shoot me a PM and I'll give you her contact info. Thanks man!

We also had three people who were interested.

Interestingly, our acquaintance collaborating with animal shelters in Chiba said it is highly unusual for a breeder to have such a large amount of puppies "on stock". According to her, there are several breeders who provide a constant stream of Beagle puppies to pharmaceutical companies for experimentation.

Below, a few articles on the situation in the UK. It's probably not much different in Japan:

Ethical reasons why beagles have to die | UK news | The Guardian

Inside the secretive farm where beagles are bred to die – The Sun

Boris Johnson's father demands to know why dogs are being used for animal testing | Daily Mail Online

Makes your stomach turn. :emoji_rage:

Edit: I know PETA are controversial, but they reported on Beagle imports to Japan in 2007:

Live Beagles Shipped to Japan for Experiments | PETA

Oh no :( I was surprised as well to hear that one breeder had so many... I have a family friend here that is a beagle lover, and has posted some things about this. Apparently they are the most commonly experimented-on dog.

I already have a healthy disdain for breeding for profit, it makes me so upset that these puppies may have been intended for experimentation. I hope they find good homes for them.

Thanks for asking, Mike! I'll let my friend know and encourage them to try their local shelters to find a companion.

I just heard from a coworker that due to the death of the breeder there are about 100 beagle puppies aged between 3 days and 100 days old available for immediate adoption.

If not adopted, they are going to be euthanized in a couple of days so if you want one and can come to Gunma to get it, contact me immediately.
Hi Mike, are you aware of any breeders for Beagles in Japan now? Am keen to get a dog for the family. Thx

Hi @JSwede, why not try an animal shelter and save one of the countless doggies waiting for an owner instead of supporting breeders? And they might have beagles, too.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Back
Top Bottom