What's new

Forum upgrade, postcount

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
During the past few days we have received complaints about decreasing postcounts. It appears that during a recent database maintenance images that had been previously uploaded to our galleries are no longer added to users' postcounts. I will manually edit the user accounts involved to reflect the actual number of posts (including the image count).

I apologise for the inconvenience. Namely, Frank's and Luc's account have already been restored, others will follow.

Tonight, we are also going to upgrade to vB's latest version, so the forum will be briefly closed. We expect a downtime of about 15 to 30 minutes.

Thanks for your understanding! 🙂

thomas said:
Tonight, we are also going to upgrade to vB's latest version, so the forum will be briefly closed. We expect a downtime of about 15 to 30 minutes.

Thanks for your understanding! 🙂
Welcome back.

Now reset the Shift-JIS encoding on the Nihongo forums. :D

PaulTB said:
Now reset the Shift-JIS encoding on the Nihongo forums.
Hm, the styles/encodings have not been affected by the upgrade. :?

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=x-sjis" />
Did we use Shift-JIS before?

I believe so. At any rate, the encoding isn't working. I think it's set to Western European (ISO) right now.

thomas said:
Hm, the styles/encodings have not been affected by the upgrade. :?
Before
- Automatically selects shift-JIS and Japanese text displays.
After
- Automatically selects Western-European and Japanese text does not display.
thomas said:
Did we use Shift-JIS before?
That's what Internet Explorer called it.

See Need a word or phrase translated?
You're right that
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=x-sjis" />
maybe it's the
<html dir="ltr" lang="en">
bit?

Anyway it has definately changed behaviour in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

I confirm the strange behaviour. Julien or I will sort this problem out tomorrow, it's pretty late over here. Oyasumi. 🙂

you dont have to fix mine if ya dont want to/have time, 3-5 posts either way wont hurt my feelings. im already less 1000 anyway :D :p

Frank D. White said:
Thanks for caring! Can't think of a better landlord for my "second home"!!

Frank, we'd give our left hand to satisfy our tenants! :D

jovial_jon said:
And you don't even pester us for rent!

Wait a minute, now that you mention it... "keymoney", downpayment, provision, multiplied by 6.700 members, pardon, tenants... JREF is going to relocate to Waikiki... 😄

thomas said:
Wait a minute, now that you mention it... "keymoney", downpayment, provision, multiplied by 6.700 members, pardon, tenants... JREF is going to relocate to Waikiki... 😄
I certainly wouldn't mind that! :D But I don't have all those payments you want. :sorry:

Keiichi

:)

[Hands thomas a slip]

IOU 😌

[edit] My post!....Count...Hey it also said you guys had to take away one of my photos for some unknown reason...whats up with that...

[goes off to investigate...]

One of the photos looked like another one...Maciamo couldn't differentiate 😌 so it was my mistake...must have got all excited and posted more then once. :p Though my post count...thats another story 😌

Back
Top Bottom