What's new

Foreigner in Japan Journal

Buddha Smoker

Finally Enlighted One
8 Dec 2003
Well, I post my experiences, etc. in Japan in my journal here. I started it about 2 years ago and I update every once in a while. Anyway, here is the link and I'm more than happy to answer questions for those that have them. I don't know everything but I know what I know and it might help or might now, so please feel free whenever.

Here is the link

A Foreigner In Japan

http://www.improvisation.ws/mb/showthread.php?t=7225

Yo, I just spent the last hour reading that. Great stuff. You obviously care a lot for your family 👍

if you don't me asking, how did you meet your wife/get set up in Japan? You seemed to jump straight from the RAF to already having a family heh :)

Hey Thanks alot. I'm getting ready to open up a separate site and run that place down...mainly because I was having problems with that server, etc.

What's RAF?

Ahh, sorry lol, Air Force. It's the RAF (Royal Air Force) over here in UK, just used to writing it like that :p

Yes and No....I was single for a period of time before I met my wife. Then we started dating, etc.. and then we got married and then had a kid. I'll give you the details of our meeting in the next post or so but I'm heading out the door at the moment.

Yes, I love your journal too. Really well writen (I am not an expert though) but tricky cause when you start, you can't stop reading 😌
What are the details then ?
details, details, details, details, details 😄

My grammar sucks...mainly because I write what I think at the moment I'm typing. I'm in the process of opening a website myself in the style of my journal. Just waiting on a couple things. I got some sponsership...just have to see how it goes. Wish me luck with it and then I have a ton of new stories to add to it. I'm closing down that site below actually but I'll post the new one.

great journal, i read the whole thing ^^
You and your wife seem like great people~
I love reading personal opinions ^_^
Especially the trains and bakery,,

Good luck

rko said:
great journal, i read the whole thing ^^
You and your wife seem like great people~
I love reading personal opinions ^_^
Especially the trains and bakery,,

Good luck

Hey thanks for the comments and I'm going to have a website instead of that place up and running in a couple months. I have a million stories to add and I love to hear. Thanks again for the comments.

I love to carry on conversations and if you PM then I try to talk back and forth.

lol thats really great buddha !!!!! lol i know exactly what you mean about japanese girls on uniforms on trains !!! im in abit of rush now, but i wanna ask a few questions later.
Really great ! thx for posting

Ciao

Arch said:
lol thats really great buddha !!!!! lol i know exactly what you mean about japanese girls on uniforms on trains !!! im in abit of rush now, but i wanna ask a few questions later.
Really great ! thx for posting

Ciao

Yeah, no problem. I'll try my best to answer.

Hi Buddha, your family means alot to you, and its good to see ya having a good life in japan. As we say in britain ya an top bloke ! 🙂 i got a few questions for ya.
dint you ever at one point feel home sick and want to return to america ? did you ever get strong predijuce against you ? was it an hassle for the visa's, did you get a spouse visa ?
was living in japan what you expected it to be ? are all white people treated the same? french, american, german, british any predijuce ?

soz for questions, but if you could answer at all, it would be appriciated .

Thx alot

Last edited:
Good fair questions! Let's see.

Arch said:
dint you ever at one point feel home sick and want to return to america ?

To be 100% honest, NO, not once. I have a bit of a bad family and if I never see or talk to them again then that is fine with me and them too. Long story that I plan to explain out in my new journal someday.

Arch said:
did you ever get strong predijuce against you ?
I'm had some instances but nothing that I didn't learn from. I'm trying to think of some good examples then I can be a little bit clearer. I tend to take the bad with the good.

Arch said:
was it an hassle for the visa's, did you get a spouse visa ?

Yes, I did get the spouse visa and it really depends on how the immigration feels that day on if you will have a good or bad day. I've had both.

Arch said:
was living in japan what you expected it to be ?

It was that and much, much, much more. I've been in Japan almost 10 years and the magic is still there for me.

Arch said:
are all white people treated the same? french, american, german, british any predijuce ?

Like I said, I think it depends on the situation and where you are at, but I've had both good and bad but nothing I couldn't walk away from. I'm trying to think of some good examples but nothing in my head at the moment. Sorry.

Plus, I'm tired too. I keep myself busy but I have my free time too.

Now my turn, are you in Japan or coming? Give me some details. Just curious.

Thx alot m8, some good help there. Glad everything is going great for you in Japan !

Back
Top Bottom