What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

For JRock fans - What was the first jRock band you listened too?

Numbarina

Sempai
Reaction score
My first j-rock band was Merry. :) Actually,I thought that it was Diru then,but when I knew j-rock better I understood,that it was Merii. 😌 I'm stupid,I know. lol :p

Reaction score
Miyavi ^^ first song girls be ambitious and hime ^^ miyavi is just sooo adorable, There are soooo many other jrock bands i love, but i think miyavi will always stay first just becuase he was the first!!

Python

先輩
Reaction score
Well.. I don't think Two-mix counts as JRock lol.. some jpop in between (ugh..) So.. L'arc en ciel I guess *unoriginal*

xxyamapixx

先輩
Reaction score
my first jrock band was an cafe......i got into them when i first saw a picture of bou and i was like wow. . .shes pretty. . .i watched a couple music videos and started to like their music. . .and when i found out bou was a guy i was like what? but yeah. . .then i got into miyavi. . .his voice is so different from other jrocker. . i love it. then i later got into alice nine and gazette. . .its weird how i could remember the exact order. lol 😌

Keiji_Mito

Registered
Reaction score
The first jrock band i ever heard was Dir en Grey... the song was saku on the headbangers ball and i just fell in love and i did some research and got on a jrock mode

Ranna

後輩
Reaction score
I had just entered High School and made friends with a girl who is obsessed with jrock/pop. She loaned me a burned cd of Malice Mizer and Gackt. I fell in love instantly. That was about three years ago.

RukaNightmare

天使の翅
Reaction score
Mine was Nightmare >.< Then i got into vidoll, gazette and alice nine xD More bands are coming thru...

dorikura

MADMalice
Reaction score
First one?Like really the very first one???
Ok...it was Dir en Grey!And guess what?!It's still my fave band!

*~EnvY~*

先輩
Reaction score
first jrock band was malice mizer with gekka no yakusoku
but i'd listened to some anime music before
and then dir en grey and then kagrra, and then....lots and lots :p

Amaya

LOVE♥SWEETS
Reaction score
I came into jrock when i found some song by miyavi. Mhhh but my first band...:? I think that was alice nine ^^

xGarnetx

Jupa-jupa
Reaction score
The first band was MUCC, first song Saishuu ressha.

Then I started listening Diru and now Gazette is my favourite. But I still love MUCC very very much 😊

Tailsop

ストレイテナー
Reaction score
My first is still in my top three L'arc en ciel then asian kung fu generation then T.M.Revolution.:win:

Gazerocks

窶ーテォmiyavi-licious
Reaction score
eh..how come everyone started with young bands -.-! I started with X Japan...considered oldies? LOL

BlackSoul

visu in training
Reaction score
Alice Nine and Gazette (they were on a CD my friend burned for me^^) and then all the others came slowly....I think maybe one D'espairs Ray song could have been on that CD xDD

Kumi-chanmi

Ayashii Aijou
Reaction score
Well I guess my first Jrock band was actually Laruku without realizing it, because I was in love with Ready, Steady, Go. And then I started listening to Gackt, and then it spread to Miyavi, and then alice nine, and everyone else! But I was more into Jpop then Jrock and now I'm really into Jrock.

raikujin

Puraaaa
Reaction score
First Jrock band was Laruku too!! Then along came Nightmare, Ancafe, and Gazette..

Now I'm digging up stuff bout X-Japan.. haha.. I was curious about them.. and I have to say their ballads are LOVELY!

kidtokyo

Tokyo 9/16/07
Reaction score
Wow... I'm not sure I can remember the first Jrock I heard.. I just know I went through a Jrock revolution in 1996 and listened to pretty much all of them.

Namie Amuro was the first Jpop I listened to during the same era.

primelajule

先輩
Reaction score
My first Jrocker would have to be High and Mighty Color, i heard them when i was watching Gundam Seed/Destiny and i love the song Pride, and for my frist japanese singer would have to be T.M.Revolution the same story i was watching GS, then it was Gackt my friend told me about him and first i didnt like him but after i heard Vanilla and OMGACKt his voice was/is AWESOME

:)Primela-chan:)

Top Bottom