What's new

Farewell

bentenmusume

人間失格
12 Oct 2004
Going to keep this brief, but this will be my last post on this (or any) internet forum for an indefinite period of time -- perhaps forever.

Will spare you all the drama, but the TL;DR version is that disconnecting from the internet (especially forums and social media) is something I need to do for the sake of my mental/emotional health and regaining control of my life in general.

Debated whether to post this at all -- I've barely been active here lately, anyway -- but thought I at least owed the courtesy to all the genuinely kind and intelligent people I've met here over the years (I won't name names; you know who you are).

Thanks for all the interesting discussion, and I wish you all the best in life.

Sorry to see you go, Bentenmusume. Would have liked to hear more from you on various topics.
I understand the desire for the digital detox. I feel I've been gorging at the digital trough a bit too much lately, too.
Come stop by again, once you've purged the bad mojo out of your system.

Although we're saddened by the prospect of losing another quality member, I also understand the need to unplug from the brain-drain machine. I won't try to convince you to stay, but if you do decide to dip your toes back into the internet, I hope you start here at the "less-shallow" end.

We're poorer for your absence, be well out there in the real!

It's sad to hear that, Bentenmusume-san. You've been helping so many people by your replies, which clearly show your character. Hope you are well in your real life, and also hope you will come back and show us your posts someday again, if you feel like it.

Thanks for letting us know. When people disappear, one always wonders what happened—wishing the best for you and hoping to see you again.

I second that sentiment. So far, only you (bentenmusume) and Mike Cash have announced their farewell and the reasons for it-- reasons I can understand only too well. I wish you peace of mind; hopefully, we'll see you again someday.

I'll miss you, "brother in sake" (日本酒, that is), and your invaluable contributions.

Bentenmusume - I'm sad to hear that you won't be around with your well-written posts. Thanks for letting us know, and I wish you the best for the future.

Back
Top Bottom