What's new

Travel News EU reinstates travel ban from Japan

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
I guess things are not looking too good. The EU has removed Japan from the list of countries exempted from its ban on nonessential travel. Currently, travellers from Australia, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand are allowed into the EU.

The latest EU decision is likely to prompt airline companies operating Europe-bound routes from Japan to review their flight plans, although it will remain up to each member country in the EU to decide whether to implement the ban and how to handle enforcement. While the pandemic situation in Japan is less severe than in some hard-hit countries such as the United States and several nations in Western Europe, it is one of the most affected countries in East and Southeast Asia, with over 380,000 infection cases and 5,500 deaths, according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins University. Following the outbreak of the coronavirus, the EU prohibited nonessential trips from outside the economy last March.

Have all the Japanese media scream "racism" and they will back down to be politically correct , LOL.
200.gif

The thought of traveling on a packed plane , train , bus or ship these days makes me agoraphobic. I wonder how long it will be to get everyone vaccinated to the point of no more masks and no more worries? I have a feeling I may not live long enough to see it.

We can only guess. The current hope is we get enough vaccination during the summer to help get it under control. Perhaps later in this year. People over 70 can get it sooner as well as certain other categories. Hopefully it does not mutate too fast and we can get it under control. Worst case it mutates too much and the shot, when we do get it will not protect against some new version.

The thought of traveling on a packed plane , train , bus or ship these days makes me agoraphobic. I wonder how long it will be to get everyone vaccinated to the point of no more masks and no more worries? I have a feeling I may not live long enough to see it.
You should be in the priority group so you may as well get your shot at least. Might be easier where you are given it's less populated and people are probably not in a hurry to get the shot there.

Interesting? We are now a democratic controlled state (Maine) with a high number of elderly and under 10% have been able to get the shot. There is next to none coming into the state. I'm under a large medical group who have not got a single dose yet to give out and also have no idea when they will have any.

Interesting? We are now a democratic controlled state (Maine) with a high number of elderly and under 10% have been able to get the shot. There is next to none coming into the state. I'm under a large medical group who have not got a single dose yet to give out and also have no idea when they will have any.
Check with your county health dept too. I think the counties are getting them ahead of the big medical systems. My county has distributed 13,000 doses so far. But we have 1.25 million people in the county so it's just a drop in the bucket. I don't think that number includes anything the hospitals may have distributed.

I confess that I really don't care about getting the shot. Since I retired , I spend all day home on the computer and doing things around the house. I go out once a month to the ATM at the bank to get my Social Security and gas up the car , so almost no human contact. My wife goes out once a week to grocery shop and that's it for her contact. I sanitize my hands so much , when I pee , it cleans the toilet , LOL. If I had to come in contact with a lot of people , I still have several N-95 medical masks and tons of medical gloves from I did home care nursing. I figure when my time comes it will be from some form of cancer or heart problem , hopefully not for a few more years. I do worry about the virus more now since my high school friend died from it the first of this month. Same age and physical condition as me and it killed him in just 3 weeks after they tried everything to save him.

I confess that I really don't care about getting the shot. Since I retired , I spend all day home on the computer and doing things around the house. I go out once a month to the ATM at the bank to get my Social Security and gas up the car , so almost no human contact. My wife goes out once a week to grocery shop and that's it for her contact. I sanitize my hands so much , when I pee , it cleans the toilet , LOL. If I had to come in contact with a lot of people , I still have several N-95 medical masks and tons of medical gloves from I did home care nursing. I figure when my time comes it will be from some form of cancer or heart problem , hopefully not for a few more years. I do worry about the virus more now since my high school friend died from it the first of this month. Same age and physical condition as me and it killed him in just 3 weeks after they tried everything to save him.
All it takes is one unfortunate contact to get it. What if you have to go to the emergency room for something? You could get it in the hospital.

It is amazing how contagious it is and how fast and easy it spreads. Maine seems to have a few hundred new cases every day. I registered a week ago and today my wife had a flat tire. While being repaired , a man stopped to ask directions from her. Weird coincidence , the man was 70 and on his way to get his shot from the medical group I belong to. So now I'm a bit more positive about them calling me for mine. They have been talking about a new vaccine from Johnson & Johnson that doesn't have to be kept super cold and I think only one dose/shot needed from it. Hopefully that might speed things up for the world getting back to normal. There is so much info coming at us from so many sources , it's hard to keep up with it all.

Back
Top Bottom