What's new

Entertainig nihonjin

Iwark

先輩
8 Oct 2006
Konnichiwa. ogenki desu ka? I've been watching anime, videos of japanese video games, and listening to JPOP (OP and ED), but I'm still wondering...

How can I entertain nihonjin-tachi? Why are the anime's name is changed to the name for the dub version? I need some explanation.

Probably by not playing any Jpop, making them watch anime, and not playing video games---

Japanese people don't especially do those sorts of things unless say, they're eleven years old, or just otaku~ But to each their own, just don't assume that these things are staples of every day Japanese entertainment.

If you really want to entertain, just do what you might do with anyone, take them out for some good food they might not ordinarily eat--- Like Indian, or Thai, or Viet Namese.... If there is one stereotype I believe in, it is that the Japanese do love food--- and that will give you something to talk about right there.

As for names changing for dubbed anime, I haven't a clue--- Other than the fact that many products in Japan (like video games) are just renamed for an English market. One example is the game Biohazard, whose English release is known as Resident Evil.

Go somewhere interesting, play some sport, do something other than what they can already do on their own.

Good question. It really depends on how old you two are. For teenagers, take them out to eat, just like yukio_michael said right here. I don't know where you live, but go to the mall, to the stadium, I don't know. Take him/her to meet some people probably at a party or something. Movies, God, I can't think of anything else.

Mauricio

It depends on your situation, how often they have traveled and how much exposure to other cultures they have, but a lot of the Japanese tend to be easily amazed by little things.

You can talk about something about your country or something Japanese you know if you are trying to just talk to them. If you are actually meeting them in person, you have many more options.

Good question. It really depends on how old you two are. For teenagers, take them out to eat, just like yukio_michael said right here. I don't know where you live, but go to the mall, to the stadium, I don't know. Take him/her to meet some people probably at a party or something. Movies, God, I can't think of anything else.
Mauricio
I'm Now living in Houston, and thanks for the info. The reason I asked this is because I thought there are differences between entertaining nihonjin and entertaining Amerikan jin.

I have another question. What is the rule in Japanese anime? Can you please explain?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom