What's new

Editing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timey said:
and how to make a request to a moderator ?

who's the moderator ?

thanks

You can make the request by just editing your post saying Please delete this post, and it will be deleted within the day normally. or you could PM a Moderator.

See here for who the mods are:
https://jref.com/forum/showgroups.php

Glenn said:
I think it's only the first line break that gets deleted when previewing. Has anyone else tried this out yet?

I did what you advised and for the first time in many months I previewed a post, posted it and it worked!!! Line breaks were there and paragraphs were seperated. Thanks!!

Heheh, I guess it can pay to play around with options sometimes. :)

I don't think it's been resolved in my case.
I've seen the line breaks lost in PMs and posts, too.
I'm typing this with one blank line between sentences.
Does it have to do with my setup? I use Opera because of its outstanding visibility, since I have vision problems.
The preview shows the blank lines, but none in the message box.

This line I am typing as the last sentence and submitting without preview. How's this?:eek:

Last edited:
Maybe it's Opera, then. I'm using Firefox and it works fine. :?

Yes, I tested with Firefox, and it does work.

But Opera excels by far over PageZoom and older TextZoom extensions for Firefox. I love Opera's password wand manager, too. :(

I improvised by copying the whole text. Afterwards, I click the "edit" button. When I'm in the edit menu, I'll select all and paste over the current text. This allows the layout to stay. Well, at least the weblinks.

This is very interesting to read - the spacing problem's been a bit of a pain since I joined Jref.

Many thanks to Glenn for his advice on changing the editing options, thsi will be my first post since I changed over.

Fingers crossed!

<edit> EUREKA! Many thanks again Glenn! 👍

Adding Images

First, nothing happens when I click Manage Attachments.

Second, if I try to use the Insert Image function, and put in the URL from one of the individual images on my Smugmug site, no image shows (I get the dreaded Red X).

What is wrong?

Thank you.

Greetings mico san !! There is a cut-off date for the edit function. I cannot recall right off hand just how long it is, but after some number of days, a member can no longer edit a post.

For that reason also, it is always important to proof-read posts made, and then check them again after a day, or so. I think every member has up to two, or three days. . . but it could be a little longer.

NOW, that said, in some cases, you can ask a moderator to edit a post for you, if there is a good enough reason too. That will of course depend on what kind of editing you would like, and the weight of the need.

Does anyone have the problem when trying to edit a post (after it's already posted) that the page just tries to load forever? I haven't been able to edit anything in the last month because of this. I'm a bit worried it's my setup -- I'm on Mac OS X (10.4.11) and using Safari (version 4.0.4(4531.21.10)). The computer's over 4 years old now. I hope that isn't the reason for this.

I have edited posts recently in my ON/KUN topic, I think it may be your computer? I'll try to edit this post in a few hours to get rid of the "computer" typo.

There we go, no hang ups?!

Last edited:
Does anyone have the problem when trying to edit a post (after it's already posted) that the page just tries to load forever? I haven't been able to edit anything in the last month because of this. I'm a bit worried it's my setup -- I'm on Mac OS X (10.4.11) and using Safari (version 4.0.4ツ(4531.21.10)). The computer's over 4 years old now. I hope that isn't the reason for this.
I've gotten hung up randomly through Firefox on a PC for years, so it isn't your specifications. Just copy and re-submit and it always goes through normally the second time. Double posting hasn't happened recently but was an issue with that in the past.

At least the edit tags are back on. They weren't there for me earlier. 😌

If I did that I'd have a double post. And in that case it's not like I could go in and delete one. I've had a problem with double posting, too, actually...

Well, I should clarify that. I've had an issue where a quick reply gets submitted twice and I end up at the "this forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 120 seconds" screen. That's not as frustrating, though, because I just have to check to be sure the post went through (which it always has) and then hit "back" a couple of times.

Last edited:
Boom, one shot. I use MS XP and FF3.6.

I'm joking about the laptop in the next post, but I do hope you can find a decent laptop.

Last edited:
I discovered something interesting just now. I figured I'd try the "open in new tab" option when I clicked on the "edit" button, and it loaded immediately in the new tab, so at least I'm able to edit now. Now if only a lot of money would fall into my lap and allow me to get a new computer...

This is slightly off topic, but if you wanted to, netbooks are really quite cheap nowadays and unless you're like me and can't stand 10 inch widescreens, they're only about 300 dollars. Decent battery life and all! Or if you wanted to go full out bad boy there are five hundred dollar ones as well.

Tell you what; I'll buy you a new laptop if you become my permanent tutor ;-)

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that last line, because it would be all over my monitor!

Thanks for the info, but I'll probably hold out for as long as possible. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom