What's new

Do Smartphones Bought In Japan Work Abroad (UK)

sukarro

Kouhai
10 Oct 2015
I am currently situated in Japan. I will be returning to the UK in 3 months and would love to get a new phone whilst I am here. The phone which I intend to buy is the OnePlus 3. My question is, if I were to buy this smartphone with no contract (sim free) in Japan, would I be able to use a UK sim card when I return?

Thank you for any responses! This community is always incredibly helpful.

As long as you get it SIM-free or with your SIM card unlocked I see no reason why it wouldn't work abroad. Is the OnePlus 3 cheaper in Japan?

I am currently situated in Japan. I will be returning to the UK in 3 months and would love to get a new phone whilst I am here. The phone which I intend to buy is the OnePlus 3. My question is, if I were to buy this smartphone with no contract (sim free) in Japan, would I be able to use a UK sim card when I return?

Thank you for any responses! This community is always incredibly helpful.
You need to make sure the bands you need are supported.

You do indeed need to check the bands of the particular phone you buy vs the carrier you intend to use the phone on. There are typically several versions of each phone for example an Xperia that pretty much works on Docomo only, one that is made for North American bands, and one for international use.

Back
Top Bottom