What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Diary

Megumigumi

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have written a story based on my actual experience and put it up on my website. :Stuttering Chameleon Diary
If you would enjoy seeing a bit of Japanese culture there, I would be glad.

I'm also writing here to say thank you to people in JREF who have helped me learn English by answering my questions.
@Lothor has especially checked my writing and given me valuable opinions. Thank you so much.:)

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your stories with us! I am looking forward to reading them, knowing that our proofreader extraordinaire has lent his helping hand. :)

Lothor

Proofreader extraordinaire
Donor
Reaction score
Editing this diary was a very enjoyable project that didn't once feel like work.

I think the author has written something rather valuable here. In a country where everyone is strictly monitoring their public face while keeping their true thoughts hidden away, it's not often that you get to read in English the honne of a quiet Japanese office worker trying to navigate her way through some very dysfunctional work environments. I'd wholeheartedly recommend this very genuine and sometimes emotionally raw diary.

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
I thought it would be good to emphasize the meanings of two words, tatemae and honne. Tatemae means something like "psychological facade", where we say what is 'politically correct' but our words do not contain our true feelings. Honne means (revealing) a person's true feelings.

Top Bottom