What's new

Customs Complications

vendettaseve

後輩
25 Feb 2008
Hey everyone
As some of you may already know, I am quickly picking up my TEFL certification and will be moving to Japan in August.

However this brings up a whole new set of problems as far as what to bring with me is concerned. I have heard bringing quite a bit of stick deodorant from your own country is recommended as it tends to be less effective over there. Now say I happened to buy a 50 pack of my brand, would customs have something to say about that?

Also, I would like to bring my Wii with me, I suspect that would not be a giant problem yes?

V

How long do you plan on living in Japan? If you're thinking long term, I'd just bring a few bars of D.O. and get used to the local brands. The trick to the local brands is to use it more than once a day on hot and sweaty days.

The Wii will not be a problem, but I don't know if Japanese software will play in it or not.

How long would 50 sticks of deodorant last you? If you're going to be here that long without setting foot on Canadian soil, I'd say either have someone send you deodorant periodically or get used to what they have here. There are better uses for your luggage allowance.

A Canadian Wii will not play Japanese games, unless you've h4x0r3d it.

Japanese deodorant is fine.

And you can bring your Wii (but it won't play Japanese games).

A 50 pack of my Old Spice deodorant will last me quite a while, measuring in the years most likely. However my question was not "Should I buy it" it was more of an "I already have it due to some somewhat shifty friends who work in a pharmacy" However I suppose I could bring 5 or 6 with me and mail the rest as I need it.

And no, Im an angry scottsman, I suspect I would out manly most brands of Japanese stuff... As far as the Wii goes you make a good point. Perhaps I will leave it as I only own Fire Emblem and Wii Sports.

I have no idea what a "Wii" is, and I don't use deodorant so I cannot back up your claim of non efectiveness.

What I do suspect is that if you were to bring a box of the stuff with you, customs may very well suspect something else, online auctions, etc. and may charge you tax..

It's shot a hot shot so best to give them advance notice to be on the same side..

Oh, the reason I don't use deodorant is because I find washing under your arm during morning amd nightly shower works wonders.. Two showers a day, less garlic and onions:crab:

If you've already got the deodorant and actually think you'll be in Japan long enough to use it, then bring 3-5 sticks in your baggage. Pack the rest up and send them via sea mail.

Water for bath and shower is available in Japan too !!
You will need more underwear than D'sticks !
The mix of old sweat and deo is not everyones taste !!:p

just adding to Bruno...

I found that the fly spray was good in Japan, so don't even think of bringing any with the deo..

Let us know what you decide...

Lol damn, guess il have to start showering :p

Your sarcasm is always appreciated lol

Anyways as to what im going to do. Im going to take about 8 of them with me and mail the rest to my room mate whos already living there. Any other products I should stock up on before I go? (Anyone says sudafed and il shoot them) thanks :)

V

I get what is up with the deodorant here? I think it would have more effect connecting it up to some scuba gear and have on a dive for emergency use, I mean all it is is conpressed air!

Back
Top Bottom