What's new

Cure for the winter blues?

MajideSaiaku

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai
19 Jan 2005
Dunno bout the rest of you I've got a recent bout of the thing, it was held off my a relatively passable christmas unlike previous ones, and snow ussually lightened up things for a bit, but what with recent lady troubles with my G/F and the generally crappyness of winter, I've felt a bit down, what do you do to fight the winter blues?. :p

-Nuri

I'm afraid I don't have any useful advice for you my friend.. I'm really sensitive to the thing we Dutchies call "winter-dip" (winter depression..) :(

Things were going okay this year; had tons of exams in December to keep me busy, and I worked at a friend's store during the X-mas period. The 31st of December was my last day of work, and I kind of collapsed mentally.. I was at my best friend's house until 10 to midnight, but suddenly felt a urge to go home and be alone. And so I did. Happy New Year I'd say!! 😌

The thing that did work for me was reading. In the remaining days of my winter holiday (which lasted until the 8th of January), I read some interesting books: "Art of War" by Sun Tzu, and some book on Taoism. Reading those kind of cleared my mind I can tell ya.. Too bad I'm too busy reading obligatory literature for my study now!! 😊 Which reminds me.. Gotta go again!! 🙂

Going to a tanning booth helps, harmful UV rays make the skin look healthy, make you look more approachable, people like tan people, I've been tanning in tanning booths/tanning beds lately in preperation for my Japan trip in a few days and everyone in my city has been like "You are so tan..." It's nice.

Other than that, flying to Japan fixes everything, even if I were blind (from all the tanning without sun protection,) I'd still enjoy it, going to Tokyo just to smell that pollution and alcohol and Gucci rush perfume , if I were any older I'd be having heart attacks from all the excitement it brings my life.

Josh

Well, we haven't had much of a winter here on the east coast of the U.S. to have had the blues. But I would agree with gehttocities that a trip to Japan would cure all that ails you, especially riding the trains, seeing the sights and ogling at all those cute schoolgirls! Works for me! Heh!

:)

I always feel crappy during the summer and spring, although autumn and winter do not bother me at all. in fact I feel great during those seasons.

well im sorry to say but here isnt any winter there's always tyfoon(taiphoon,taifun) here and so there's always rain.
its allmost every day summer here in Bacolod(city of Philipphines)

*Kayo*

Winter is my time of the year. I love the snow and the cold. Nothing beats the blues better than a hot breakfeast and then some snowboarding on a quiet mountain.

Oh, my friend, Nurizeko...I feel for you, yes, I do !! There is a psychological term for that, and while it has slipped my memory at the second--and I'm too lazy to run over and trace that article down--let's just stick with the 'winter blues'.

The actual key to revitalizing the chemicals need to counter the present state, is, SUNSHINE !! Yes, more than anything else, that does it, according to the article (and that's Scientific American, we're talking about.)

One more thing you could do is synergize. Pull out the ole six-string, and get down heavy into the low down dirty Blues.....putting those two energies together will work to cancel out each other, and the end result is a postitive, up-beat, and sitting on the edge of spring emotional state.

Having a problem with a gf can be a problem. But, my friend, it's not as bad as having a problem with a ww...so do feel at ease...hee, hee, hee. I look forward to hearing of your improvement and smiling face !!

OH...yeah, 'ww' stands for Wrathful Wife.

Back
Top Bottom