What's new

Creative VS Ipod

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Okay... So I'm planning on buying a media player with at least 4gig space on it.... Ipod is very Cool, but expensive and you HAVE to use Itunes....

So how about Creative... they are bringing out some good things...

Please tell us your opinion between those two great Media players, that both have there Good and Bad things...

I have an ipod , maybe a tad expensive, but it's decent quality and easy to navigate.

My brother has a Creative Zen, but i think it's not as good as an Ipod, yet it's cheaper.Also, you have to use that stinking musicprogram to put music on to the damn thing! :eek:

Itunes is quite nice actually :)

The iPod Nano is a very sexy thing indeed.

I'd personally go for something like an iRiver..... something liiiiike: IRIVER GLOBAL

It may be a little thicker in profile than that of a Nano, but (I believe) they are of superior quality. And usually far better battery life.
I've had my iRiver H140 for 2 years now and never ever EVER had an issue with it.

Altho I'm sure a lot of iPod users may say the same.

As for Creative, I personally have never been a fan as they used to use proprietary software to copy audio on (a lot like the iPod does)

Benefit with the iRiver is that you don't need any drivers or software to copy both audio or data on to it.

RockLee said:
My brother has a Creative Zen, but i think it's not as good as an Ipod, yet it's cheaper.Also, you have to use that stinking musicprogram to put music on to the damn thing! :eek:

I also have a Creative Zen (Nomad NX, 30gb). Mine gets used almost exclusively as the audio system in my truck at work.

I agree about the stinking software Creative supplies with the player. It is horrible beyond words.

Fortunately, there is a very good alternative. Point your brother toward http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/ and tell him to get "Notmad" (so named because the original software makes you mad, while this makes you not mad at your Nomad). It's wonderful. I can't praise it strongly enough.

I haven't had much experience with the Creative MP3 Players, but I do know that most of the iPod series are good quality machines. My father has a Video iPod and is very satisfied, I've tinkered with it and I think it is easy enough to use. iTunes isn't really all that bad. The only gripe I have with the iPods is that I'm afraid I'll break my friend's Nano, the thing's all together too small.:(

I just realized that I forgot to mention I love my Nomad. My particular model is a bit boxy and is probably very heavy and bulky compared to the latest models out there. The size isn't so different from the old cassette models.

I prefer to think of it as a car stereo small enough to double as a Walkman.

I had the same model Nomad as Mike but also hated the supplied software. Plus I managed to kill the battery within a year. I now have an iPod Video (30gb) and am very happy with it, though I can't stand itunes. The display is the best feature - though I don't use it for watching videos - it's crisp, and easy to read. I mainly listen to audio books through an FM adaptor in my car - it's great, and of course there's the WOW! factor. I didn't buy a Nano because it had "will sit on it and break it within a day" written all over the box.

Well, I have a nano and my dad have a photo and both of us are satisfied with what we got. I got my nano as a x-mas present, but if I would be going out to buy a mp3 player now I would probably go with a creative because of their long history of manufacturing audio hardware, even though I haven't tried a creative player, I do believe it's of a higher quality than a ipod.
The only reason that ipod is so popular is because of the media hype with great marketing.

Damn, my mom bought a new portable phone, guess what she got with it... Yes an Ipod 30GB player.... Man... I AM SOOO JALOUS :(

I have an iPod Mini, and I have to say it's the best MP3 player I've ever bought. You know why? It's called the click-wheel. Just wait until Apple starts using touch screen's. That'll be awesome.

I just got a nano yesterday for 150 bucks... price wise im not sure about creative. and as of yet no problems with the nano... as i should hope.

Carlson said:
I just got a nano yesterday for 150 bucks... price wise im not sure about creative. and as of yet no problems with the nano... as i should hope.
Just keep it updated, and get a case for it.

One if my jobs consists working in a mobile phone store we sell Ipods and creatives and i can tell you now Ipods suck *** and creatives rock *** the ipod system has so many flaws with its software and with the itunes program. Creatives work on a simple drag and drop system and can also be used as a portable hard drive. We get ten times more ipods back for repair as creatives. So if ye havent guessed already my vote is with the creative product

The iPod looks great. But my friends father works for an IT company.. and also needs to manage an iPod warehouse.

They get thousands of iPods returned everyday because of problems, they break down and screw up.

=(

Also the earphones suck.

+ iPods are so popular
>.<

I say go for the Creative miniZen!

(even though my creative speakers seem to have broken now. stupid 5.1)

True happyblinker, but they do come with good warrenties. I think ipop nano is a rip off, but ipop video is worth the money because of all the memory it has (mine is 100GB!!!). I have one because I use it as a secondary portable hard-drive. Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom