What's new

Update Comprehensive website update

@WonkoTheSane , I have posted this on an iPad 2 and got no lag at all. Please let me know if this continues to occur.

Update: tested on iPhone 4 (iOS 8.2) without issues.

Last edited:
I posted in another thread just before this one and got significant lag. On the order of seconds before a line I typed would show up in the text box.

Now it's better with minimal lag, perhaps a couple hundred milliseconds.

Hey Thomas,

Its been a while since I last logged in but I noticed that for some reason I cannot differentiate between posts that I have previously read (with no updates) and new posts or posts with updates. They all seem to look exactly the same with no way to tell. Is this a function of the new site update or is something just wrong for me? Or is the indicator something different than having the title be no-longer in bold text?

Thanks!

Hi @Petaris , good to see you on JREF! :)

It depends on you how discover new posts: clicking the "New Posts" link in the top menu will show all new posts since your last visit, while "Recent Posts" will show the last 200 posts, I believe. "New Posts" will also display links that you haven't read yet, but that haven't been updated since your last visit (just like in good old vB).

On "forum home" fora with new posts are marked with a "New" tag:

new-forumindex.jpg

As are new posts:

new-posts.jpg

I can see your point: you probably refer to "thread view" where threads with new posts are not indicated in such manner. I remember that in vBulletin thread titles with unread posts were in bold. I'll see if there's a way to add the "New" tag to thread view as well.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hi Thomas,
Yes, sorry I meant threads with new posts/comments in them since my last visit.

Thank you!

After some time, I logged in and saw the new JREF. Looks good and, so far, user-friendly.

Too much space on the sides. Maybe less space so its easier to view? Also two articles next to each other might make it easier to read/see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-23-18-16-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-23-18-16-40.png
    663.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_2015-11-23-18-16-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-23-18-16-35.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 133
Thanks, Davey! Is this taken from the index page? The mobile view definitely needs a bit of overhaul and fine-tuning.

We have upgraded the theme to its latest version, the low-contrast issues should now be resolved. Please report any errors you encounter right here. We are in particular looking forward to feedback from users of mobile Android devices.

One more detail: we have now added country flags to the user info bit in posts as well as on the profile pages. The country flags displayed are based on the IP address used during registration and log-in and cannot be manipulated by users.

Can't see conversation title. Took me a while to realize where I had to push... Kept pushing on names and my avatar until I found out I had to click on the part above our names.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-04-15-19-17.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-04-15-19-17.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 109
Thanks Davey, noticed that too. Will be taken care of tomorrow. 👍

Back
Top Bottom