What's new

Comprehending this line.

Kraise

先輩
8 Mar 2013
hiho there guys, I'd like to ask for some help again, this time with the following text:

" 日本では昔から 「起承転結」が文章構成法の基本中の基本である。これに異を唱える人はあるまい。漢詩の構成法のひとつが日本の文章の構成にも応用されたそうである。 ...[略]

ところがこの、最後に結論を持ってくるというやり方は、ビジネスの世界では評判が良くないそうだ。何事にもスピードを重んじる現代において、「結論は後回し」というのは 「実用的」出ないと考えられているらしい。(1)確かに、作者一人がいい気になっている思わせぶりな随筆も困りものではある。(2)しかし、「オチ」が見事に決まった名文を読むときの感動は何ものにも代えがたい。 "

I can understand (the gist) of the bolded line, but

1 - What exactly is the idea being passed with 「作者一人がいい気になっている思わせぶりな随筆も困り者ではある」? Is it anything like , a (piece of )writing that suggests the author is toying with the language for his own sake/amazement is problematic ??(to be honest, I can't develop this one any further because my english is failing on me right now)

2 - In this one, is he praising a well written text saying that " the feeling of a good reading has its place and one can't replace it with anything else" (or something around these lines) ?

thank you!

Last edited:
1. How about: "Indeed, it's painful to read the writings of an author who seems overly proud of his own ability".
2. I read this as "It's hard to replace the feeling you get when reading a famous work with a (known to be) fantastic ending/punchline". Basically a counterargument for keeping the conclusion at the end after all, rather than spoiling it right at the start all Western business style.

Last edited:
1. How about: "In
deed, it's painful to read the writings of an author who seems overly proud of his own ability".

2. I read this as "It's hard to replace the feeling you get when reading a famous work with a (known to be) fantastic ending/punchline". Basically a counterargument for keeping the conclusion at the end after all, rather than spoiling it right at the start all Western business style.

1 - Now that seems pretty spot on.

2 - My translation skills are a huge shame . I couldnt figure out a good way of saying 見事に決まったオチ. This thread improved my english as well

Thank you Lanthasさん

Back
Top Bottom