What's new

Chotto yakushite kudasaimasenka?

Elizabeth

先輩
22 Apr 2003
Minnasan ni yoroshiku onegai shimasu. Konnichiwa ! : 🙂

Ika wa watashi no tutorsan kara no email no bubun desu. Nantonaku wakatta desuga, dareka ga zenbu eigo ni yakushittara ii.

jibun no koto o kangaetekureteiru hito ga iru to iuno wa ureshiikotodesune.

Something like: it's a happy thing when you have someone who is thinking of you?

Sore no motto kantan no iikata ga arimasuka? (Is there a simpler way of saying this?)
:D

Konnichiwa Elizabeth-san!

"jibun no koto o kangaetekureteiru hito ga iru to iuno wa ureshiikotodesune."

The most simple wording is "I'm happy because I'm not lonely". This is the most important point on that sentence.

And different wording ...
"I'm happy because I have warm family"
or
"I'm happy because I have a friend who like me"
or
"I'm happy because I have boyfriend(girlfriend) who love me".
and etc...

All sentences has the same meaning, "I'm not lonely". But why the Japanese say so long as "it's a happy thing that I have someone who is thinking me"? Why the Japanese don't say more directly? Because the Japanese dislike a direct saying. An instance, the Japanese say "I like you" but not "I love you" to boyfriend(girlfriend).

Sorry, I made a digression. You can translate in various, but the most important point on that sentence is "I'm happy because I'm not lonely".

Of course you can substitute the first person for the second person as "You are happy because you are not lonely".

But pay attention to my saying because I don't know all sentences you have, and my saying is a generalization.:p
Sorry, if I make an error.🙂

NANGI

Originally posted by NANGI

All sentences has the same meaning, "I'm not lonely". But why the Japanese say so long as "it's a happy thing that I have someone who is thinking me"? Why the Japanese don't say more directly? Because the Japanese dislike a direct saying. An instance, the Japanese say "I like you" but not "I love you" to boyfriend(girlfriend).

Sorry, I made a digression. You can translate in various, but the most important point on that sentence is "I'm happy because I'm not lonely".

Jouzi ni yakushite kudasatte arigatou gozaimashita Nangi san! 🙂

Gaijin ni wa kaishaku suru no ga muzukashii desune. Toku ni sono mojidouri no imi de tsukawaranakutte iru (not being used?) kotoba ga sukoshi wakarinikui desu. Doko ka de mo 'nihongo ni wa lonely to miss no kimochi ga mix sareteiru to omoimasu' to yomimashita. Nihongo ni wa "to miss" mattaku onaji hyougen ga nai node yoku "sabishii" ga tsukawaremasu. Nakanaka omoshiroi desune.

Kono aida sono tutorsan wa anata no itsudatsu ni tsuite mo sukoshi setsumei shimashita. Kanojo wa "Kihonteki ni nihonjin wa hakkiri to mono wo iuno wo kiraimasu. Gentetekina iikataya hakkiri to hyougensuru koto wa tokidoki kitsuku kanjitari amari ii insyou wo ataemasen. Darakara narubeku yawarakaku toumawashina hyougen ga konomareru baai ga ooidesu. America de wa hakkiri jibun no iken wo iu no wa iikoto nanoni omoshiroidesune" to kakimashita.

Mazu, 'generally speaking japanese dislike saying things clearly' to iu eiyaku desuga zutto 'genteteki' to iu imi wa nan deshyou to omotteta kana? Hakkiri no youna imi ga arimasuka? Clear expressions sometimes give a harsh or 'tight' feeling or don't give a very good impression (?). Therefore, it is often the case that we use gentle and indirect expressions as much as possible. Saigo no bun desuga, in America isn't it interesting that clearly expressing your opinion is a good thing." to iu kanji desune.

Jaa, kyou wa sore de juubun da to omoimasu. Mata hanji wo arigatou. Watashi ni totte mo ii benkyou ni narudeshyoukedo. Machigai ga attara naoshite kudasai. Elizabeth

Sorry to so late reply.:sorry:

in English
Yes, each languages has each original expressions. And sometimes literal translation don't make sense. Learning language is the same as learning custom and history. And learning language is fun.

And tutorsan's said is right. The Japanese are misunderstood by their indirect expressions and silence. But the foreigners are disliked by their clearly expressing and eloquence. In Japan, saying own opinion clearly is the same as pick a fight.:D

"genteteki" or "genteiteki" means limit, and "Gentetekina iikat" is "limited expression". "Clear expressions" is right "hakkiri to hyougensuru koto".

in Japanese
Hai, Dono Kuni ni mo Dokuji no Hyougen ga Arimasu. Dakara Chokuyaku deha Imi wo nasanai koto ga Arimasu. Kotoba wo Manabu no ha sono Kuni no Syuukan ya Rekishi wo Manabu no to Onaji desu. Dakara Kotoba wo Manabu no ha Omoshiroi.

Soshite tutor-san no Itteiru koto ha Tadashii desu. Nihon-jin ha Toomawashi na Iikata ya Chinmoku de Gokai saremasu. Shikashi Gaikoku no Kata ha Hakkirishita iikata ya Syaberisugi no tame ni Kirawareru. Nihon de ha, Jibun no Iken wo Hakkiri to iu koto ha Kenka wo Uru no to Onaji koto desu.:D

"genteteki" Mata ha "genteiteki" ha, "limit" wo Imi shimasu. Soshite "Gentetekina iikat" de ha "limited expression" to narimasu. "Clear expressions" ha masashiku "hakkiri to hyougensuru koto" desu ne.

NANGI

Originally posted by NANGI

And tutorsan's said is right. The Japanese are misunderstood by their indirect expressions and silence. But the foreigners are disliked by their clearly expressing and eloquence. In Japan, saying own opinion clearly is the same as pick a fight.:D

"genteteki" or "genteiteki" means limit, and "Gentetekina iikat" is "limited expression". "Clear expressions" is right "hakkiri to hyougensuru koto".

Konnichiwa Nangi-san!

Kotoba kara gokai ga shoujinai youni sarani doryoku shinakereba naranai to omoimasu ga ima no nihon no wakamono wa mada hakkiri to mono wo iuno wo kiraimasuka? Itsumo watashi no yonjuunendai no boyfriend wa watashi ni "Moshi jibun no Iken wo hakkiri to ittara sono bun ni "sore wa watashi no iken dake desu" wo tsuite inakutte wa ikenai" to iu fuuni iimasu. Hajime wa watashi wa hitsuyou dewa nakutte chotto henna iikata to omottan desuga ima wa motto wakaru you ni shite imasu. (At first I thought it was an unnecessary and slightly strange way of speaking, but now I am trying to understand a little more?)

Genteiteki no setsumei shite kurete arigatou. Genteitekina wa Limited no imi to Limiting no imi to dochira ka wakaranakatta desu. (Wasn't sure if it was Limited or Limiting?).

Jaane, Sayounara! 🙂

Now, some of young express own opinion clearly. But it is not the same as foreign countrys. Because it is only a selfish attitude or ill mannered in Japanese young. Most of all young don't express own opinion clearly even now.:sick:
And clever young never express own opinion clearly. Because he know that the old man dislike young who express own opinion clearly, and the old man like young who follow a senior.:D

Yes, your friend is right! The Japanese alwaws say "I just think taht ...." or "This is my trifling opinion that ...". Of course this is a trifling custom but this is a important ceremony in Japan, specially too formal organization.😄

"Hajime wa watashi wa hitsuyou dewa nakutte chotto henna iikata to omottan desuga ima wa motto wakaru you ni shite imasu" this sentence is very good. And this sentence become near natural if you add a little modification.
"Hajime wa watashi mo hitsuyou dewa nai shi chotto henna iikata da to omoimashita ga, ima wa sukoshi kokorogakeru you ni shite imasu".
But this sentence is the same meaning as the first sentence. Elizabeth-san's Nihongo is very good!👍

NANGI

Back
Top Bottom