What's new

Choco no Hi

Dogen Z

aka YOSUQUE
23 Apr 2007
Choco Day is just about here again. (Sorry, I can't think of it as Valentine's Day; it's just too different from the States. Besides, most Japanese can't even pronounce "valentine" properly, so I vote for a name change.)

Time to get some free chocolates, so I wanted to pass along my very subjective hints about chocolate preference.

Snickers is always a pleasure. So is Kit Kats. Tim Tams are too sweet, but the cookie portion is great. Maybe the dark chocolate version would be okay.
However, Bourbon's Alfort is much better, especially the white chocolate! Meiji almond chocolates are good, but Lotte is better I think. Hershey chocolates can't compare to Meiji or Lotte at all. Godiva and Leonidas are very good, but are too feminent. American Soft Cookies are a joy, but the best chocolate to receive are home made brownies (the Muji mix is fine). Starbucks deserts are wonderful but way too overpriced, like their coffees.

Well, I hope this helps. Happy Choco Day!

A couple more items I forgot to mention.

That hollow chocolate ball, Ferraro Rocher, makes me feel like I've been cheated whenever I eat one. And chocolate beer probably isn't as bad as it sounds, but you'd have to force me to drink one.

BTW, Muji Roshi isn't the only place to get homemade chocolate kits. Loft and Tokyu Hands are now featuring a market full of them.

Back
Top Bottom