What's new

Cannot add URL

lester

後輩
4 Jan 2003
Hello Support,

I tried to add our URL to JapanReference.com but failed repeatedly. Is there another way I can send you the information? Thanks.

Hi, and welcome to the forum! 🙂

Sorry for the inconvenience! Hm, if you tried to submit japaneseguesthouses.com: your site has already been indexed (submitted 20-Aug-2001). I still have to figure out why no appropriate error message is shown.

=> http://www.japanreference.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=4070

If it was another page you were trying to submit, please send me the link info by Private Message, I'll add it manually.

Thank You

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I just wanted to submit Japanese Guest Houses (and thanks for the reminder).
The forum looks great too - good work!

Lester

Originally posted by lester
Hello Support,

I tried to add our URL to JapanReference.com but failed repeatedly. Is there another way I can send you the information? Thanks.

i'm not able to complete the form either at http://www.japanreference.com/cgi-bin/addsite.cgi?agree=0 - all i get is:
HTTP Error: 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

and that since about 3 months. btw, norton has been disabled of course...

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

I still haven't found out why some users receive these errors. I have tested the script in various browsers. Would you mind telling me which OS and browser you were using?

One more word about why we do not facilitate link submission: previously our submission page used to be hammered by auto-submission tools, resulting in hundreds of unrelated entries in the validation database. One such tool even managed to corrupt our link database. I have added two pages of detailed instructions expanding on which web sites are subject to rejection etc. etc.... while some people still submit sites that are unrelated to Japan, we managed to block auto-submitters by using random codes.

Conclusion: I am very sorry about the fact that a few users are unable to add their links, but we need to protect our database from damage. Thanks for your understanding.

Update: Since our upgrade to LinksSQL no such problems have been reported anymore.

Last edited:
another registration issue

Hi,
Could you please tell me the meaning of:

Sorry, this site does not accept submissions from ''.

Also, is there a way to edit my profile.
I've been trying to send you a private message but it seems I disabled that service.

Thanks!

Hi, usually this message appears when someone tries to submit a link from another server or through autosubmission programs. You can edit your profile by in the User Control Panel (see the link in the top menu).

Sorry for any inconvenience. If you continue to experience problems, please send me a PM.

Hi Thomas,

It's been a while, your site has really grown and looks great!

I've been trying to add a URL tho, and everytime I click on the link nothing seems to happen. First I click Add Link from the category I wish to add to, then I accept the agreement, then I get redirected to my control panel, and then click Add Link, and the page just refreshes.

Any ideas? Let me know...
thanks
-shane

Hi Shane, how do you you do? 🙂

I just tried to add a URL through the control panel, it worked. Hm, might be a cookie-related issue. If you continue to have problems, please send me the link info by PM, and I will add your page manually. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom