What's new

Canned Coffee in America too sweet!

Numark

先輩
16 Apr 2005
I just have to rant here... Am I the only one that thinks american canned/bottled coffee drinks taste like they are over-sweetened by 10-15x?!! Its nigh undrinkable. Maybe its just indicative of over-sweetening in american cuisine as a whole.

Does anyone know of any unsweetened or lightly sweetened coffee products in the USA? I tried trader joes canned coffee (they got the 8oz can size right) but even that is very very sweet.

The only canned coffee-esque beverages in my area are those nasty Starbucks drinks, none of which are black coffee or bitter for that matter. It's awfully obnoxious for me as well, considering I dislike sweet drinks.

I drink my coffee black, and with my pinky up!

And people wonder why everyone is getting obese...

They now sell sell bottled green tea in America, too. But I challenge you to find some that isn't sweetened.

And people wonder why everyone is getting obese...
They now sell sell bottled green tea in America, too. But I challenge you to find some that
isn't sweetened.

I know, right? I was at a Dennys earlier in the morning, and they have this absurd and disgusting promotion called "Baconalia" occurring. The dishes offered are heavy on the bacon. It's almost as though they weren't aware that obesity is a problem!

Things like this don't bother me per se, but I am quite alarmed how mainstream these things have become.

There's sugar or some kind of sweetener in almost everything here. I think it kind of crept up on people and they just got used to it without much thought.

Things like bacon...there's always been a kind of bacon undercurrent or subculture if you like, but the way people sometimes talk about bacon, you'd think it was true ambrosia or something. When it gets to the point that people don't think of O.D.'ing on bacon as a rare indulgence, but rather as a matter of fact, I think there is a problem.

I think the sugar problem is pretty well documented, with corn syrup being in everything- even savory dishes.

I've been reading a few things about over-consumption of sugar and sugar as a physically addictive substance, with people getting withdrawls going on a no-added sugar diet. Maybe I'll try it and see what its like :)

Back
Top Bottom