What's new

Can`t use msn messenger at school?

Elgin

先輩
23 Oct 2003

When at school I want to use msn messenger but when I download it, set it up then when I try to log in it says "You are not connected to the internet error thing" I know I`m connected to the internet so I think my school server blocked it out of use.

So does anyone know a way to solve this? I tryed old versions of messenger but it still doesn`t work. I though many if there was a website where you could long in msn without downloading it or something.

Originally posted by Luc
I though many if there was a website where you could long in msn without downloading it or something.

Humm after reading my post again the last part doesn`t make too much sense. What I wanted to say was is there a webpage where you can use messenger without the program?

Its your schools firewall which probably blocks all outgoing ports except for the ones necessary for email, ftp, and www, like my school. Different versions of MSN messenger won't help you. I think you would have to be generally proficient at computers and internet protocol if you want to get MSN messenger to work at your school.

I'm pretty sure this might sum it all up, "Novell Client" hahah I think thats what it might be, i've screwed around stuff like that...

humm sounds like alot of touble for just a messenger I think I can live without it :p

euhm dude...did you check the LAST DATE there was a reply for this ???!!! lmao :D :p First check the last posted date in the future ! ;-)

it's only a year old, it's still good, it's still good.

that emessenger thing probably didn't exist when this thread was started, but isn't technology wonderful? you can now use msn without installing it on your computer, which means you can use msn at school.

Back
Top Bottom