What's new

Bubba Ho-Tep

lineartube

free spirit
29 Oct 2002
I just saw the trailer to Bubba Ho-Tep, and it looks hilarious.

Based on the Bram Stoker Award nominee short story by cult author Joe R. Lansdale, Bubba Ho-tep tells the "true" story of what really did become of Elvis Presley. We find Elvis (Bruce Campbell) as an elderly resident in an East Texas rest home, who switched identities with an Elvis impersonator years before his "death", then missed his chance to switch back. Elvis teams up with Jack (Ossie Davis), a fellow nursing home resident who thinks that he is actually President John F. Kennedy, and the two valiant old codgers sally forth to battle an evil Egyptian entity who has chosen their long-term care facility as his happy hunting grounds.

more in http://us.imdb.com/Title?0281686

By now you should have guessed it: It's a B-movie about a fight between Elvis and JFK versus the Mummy.

:D:D:D:D

Awesome flick!

I saw a DVD copy that someone pulled off the internet. I really can't wait for a release here in the states. I'm a long time Bruce Campbell fan and this movie just took that love a little further. *Though I was a little scared at how well he played Elvis* :) The movie kept me laughing for days afterwards. All I can say is it's a gereatric(probably spelled wrong) laughing fit.

Yeah, Bruce Campbell really is one of the funniest and most underrated actors i've ever seen. I loved his character in the Evil Dead movies as well as the short-lived Brisco County. This kind of movie sounds right up my alley. :cool:
:)

Bruce Campbell is the man!! If chins could kill, eh? Pity I hear that film won't be released due to Elvis' estate or something, not to sure though someone could have lied to me :(

Back
Top Bottom