What's new

Best type of Tefl job to fund training at Kodokan

What glenski mentions regarding working hours is part of why I asked if there was some reason for limiting your stay to one year. You may find yourself not able to attend practice as much as you like and have to stretch it out over a longer period. And you might like it here and want to stay anyway.

Thanks Mike. I am really grateful for your advice. I think you are very constructive and helpful.
With regards to Glenski's post. I understand the issues he talks of. I am 42 years old and have lived in a number of cities for several years.

I also have several friends who have lived in Japan for a number of years.
Only one of them lived in Tokyo during the 80s.

Several others lived in Japan for several years teaching English as a foreign language and all said they had a great time, weren't over worked and had money to spare.

I also have a couple of friends who are living in Japan at the moment who married Japanese women.
They are very happy.

From what I understand of Japan culture and lifestyle, I think that Japan sounds like a place I would really enjoy. I understand the issues I have in particular and am prepared for it.

I will do what I want to do even if Glenski tells me not too. I live my life, he can live his.
No offense or malice.
We all make our own mistakes. That is one of the wondering things about living in the free world. Freedom.

Thanks for both your advice. I am not here on the forum to look for a fight or to be nasty.
Thanks again.

Hey great news for foreigners to Japan who want to do a white to black belt course in Judo at the Kodokan.

I received an email recently from the Kodokan that explains that foreigners who are unable to commit for 1 year are now able to do the 1 year course in segments.

This will please some westerners such as myself, who are keen Judo enthusiasts, who may only be able to stay for up to six months a year without having to get a long term stay visa.

Perhaps this is what I will do, and while in Japan during one of my first trips, will look into the possibilities of finding suitable gainful employment while I am in the country.

6 months should be enough time to work out if this is possible or not.

Thanks again for all those who were kind enough to give their time and knowledge answering my questions. Thanks again.

Whatever route you go, don't be a stranger. Hang out with us.

Several others lived in Japan for several years teaching English as a foreign language and all said they had a great time, weren't over worked and had money to spare.
when and where? What were their financial needs? Are you comparing apples to apples?

I also have a couple of friends who are living in Japan at the moment who married Japanese women.
They are very happy.
and half of mixed marriages fail. Be aware.

I will do what I want to do even if Glenski tells menot too.
we have heard these words before, and despite a polite request for people to come back here and report their dream experience based on unreality, nobody does, even if only to rub it in. I really hope you try harder to see what you face, and learn how to get what you hope. Best of luck.

when and where? What were their financial needs? Are you comparing apples to apples?

and half of mixed marriages fail. Be aware.

we have heard these words before, and despite a polite request for people to come back here and report their dream experience based on unreality, nobody does, even if only to rub it in. I really hope you try harder to see what you face, and learn how to get what you hope. Best of luck.
thanks for your advice. I understand no guarantees in life. ;-)
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom