What's new

Best Trip

svenwalter

後輩
31 Mar 2008
Good morning @ all,

travelling at the beginning of October, which is the best route to see the most of culture, landscape and if possible nice beaches within 2 weeks, starting from Tokyo?
Any internet links for good accomodations and best places to go?

Cheers,

Sven

The most common route for tourists is Tokyo-Kyoto. In this way you get to see the modern and traditional side of Japan. I suggest you take Tokyo and Kyoto as residing area for any side trips.

As for information on interesting places, the jref homepage has tons of information.

I'm planning a similar trip although closer to the end of the year, I wouldn't mind some advice on accommodation and travel as well :)

:)

Yeah. Thank you for this advise.
Do you also have some good websides to reserve domestic flights like from hiroshima to Okinawa? What I have found so far are those in Japanese. But my Japanese is insufficient for these japanese written sites, indeed. And also some advises about Okinawa?

Thanks again!

Hi,

I think travel from Tokyo to Kyoto is definitely the best option to see most of Japan, but I strongly recommend you stop on the way. The Izu peninsula is the ideal place to get into onsens. You may also want to go to Oigawa valley, where there is a nice steam train.

I have posted storied and recommendations on those places in my blog. There are also a few tips on places to visit in Tokyo.

Thank you

Great Blog! Thank you very much for these useful infos! - I will search for the Oigawa valley.
Do you know anything about taking part on a tea ceremony?

I have seen that you are french. Is that right? Where are you from?

Cheers,
Sven

You can also travel from Tokyo to Kyoto via Nagano and Matsumoto. This takes you through the Japanese Alpine area, which is very attractive. Matsumoto also has a fine castle if you like such things (although Himeji-jo is better if you are only doing one castle). There are also some old style 'Post Towns' dotted along the Nagano-Nagoya alpine route.

Look into getting a rail pass as it is a great way to save money on travelling across the country.

It's a good idea to allow a good chunk of time for Tokyo and Kyoto. Otherwise it's a bit of a rush.

ishigaki-jima

Hi!

Can anybody advise me if there any webisde by that I can reserve flights from Osaka to Ishigaki-Jima (Okinawa islands) and back to Tokyo? - The flights will be in october.

And what are your opinions about "Edo - Wonderland" close to Nikko?

Cheers!

Hi,

So I am from France indeed, currently living in the "pink city"...

I suggest you contact travel agencies like "Jalpak" for internal travel reservation. They have interesting flight + hotel plans, and I believe they even have a branch in France. ANA probably has similar deals. If you speak japanese, you can of course book online. Yahoo Japan is also a useful portal where you can book almost any travel (including plane tickets).

jalpak

Yeah! Cool! My Japanese is not enough to book online, especially in reading the kanji. :-/ it is trus that I already found a lot of japanese sides, but at first sometimes my browser has load difficulties with it and second to read it is not a win situation...

Is the pink city the one that has pink houses or pink by its people?

A bientot!

It was a little rushed, but I took my folks to Japan in 2006 for a 10 day trip which included:

Tokyo - a few days in Tokyo, day trip to Kamakura (which has a beach), day trip to Nikko
Osaka - and took day trips to Nara, Kyoto, and Himeji
Hiroshima

Back
Top Bottom