What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

beer thread!

Mars Man

先輩
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Although there is some truth in several of the claims made, it is also true that since the thread is not about 'abuse' or 'alcoholism,' it might be a very friendly thing to let us know which beers you enjoy!

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
Paul, if you wish to talk about this idea of alcholism in Japan more, please start a new thread. You made your point here, but this is the beer thread, not the alcoholism thread.

And in that vein, my favorite beers:

American: Leinenkugel's Red
Japanese: Yebisu and Suntory Malts
Sri Lankan: Lion
Mexican: Corona

Paul Houghty

後輩
Reaction score
Yes I see. Point taken. Thanks.

Some beers I enjoy in moderation with the boys when we get together for a friendly chat of a Saturday evening after the busy University week is over:
Kirin
Sapporo
Asahi
Suntory

w1ngzer0

Sempai
Reaction score
I've tried Sapporo from the store and in a sushi bar. It was very bitter for me. All bitter beers taste the same to me. Coors, bud, miller.Bleh.

D

dark_secrester

酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒、酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!酒!

SAKE!!!!!
🙂 I love sake. WARM!!

bakaKanadajin

先輩
Reaction score
When I was in Japan I was a fan of Kirin Gold. It wasn't as bitter as Sapporo as far as my tastebuds were concerned.

Here in Canada I am not a huge beer drinker contrary to the stereotypical image of beer-swilling, moose-riding, hockey-playing, wooly-hat wearing Canadians you may have. I'm more of a red wine guy.

HOWEVER...

SteamWhistle
Creemore
Keiths Pale

and.. shamefully.. Molson Export, affectionately referred to as simply 'Ex' in most bars, are among my favourites. Ex is more of my 'pounding' beer, the kind you just knock back in order to get drunk. For patio sipping I generally prefer the pale ales, cream ales and light beers, not a fan of the darks and bitters.

KeithsIPAgif-1.jpg

Top Bottom